In this article, we will be educating you with the steps on how to get one of the most important and the most useful IDs in our country, we have an ID which can display all important information as regards to employment and that is what we refer to as the Unified Multi-Purpose ID Card or the UMID Card. The steps in getting this ID is not so toxic at all as long as you know where to go and the following are the steps you need to take to successfully grab a hold of the UMID.
Why should I get a UMID card?
A lot do not know this but getting a UMID card is actually one of the most fruitful decisions Filipinos can make and this is because:
- Transaction with government agencies will be so much easier if you have this ID. Agencies like the SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG.
- You can easily apply for a loan, you can view your account, or you can apply for a cash advance with just one tap of this in a kiosk; and;
- It is considered to be one of the most valid IDs in the Philippines.
Government employees can apply for a UMID in the GSIS Enrollment Center while private employees and OFWs can apply by going to the nearest SSS branch near them.
Step 1. Duly accomplish the application form which you can download here.
- UMID Application Form for SSS members
- UMID Application Form for GSIS members with eCard Plus
- UMID Application Form for GSIS members (New Enrollee)
Step 2. Bring at least one (1) of the following primary IDs:
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission Card (PRC Card)
- Seaman’s Book or Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book
Step 3. In absence of any of the above IDs, kindly present at least two (2) of any of the documents listed:
- Company ID
- School ID
- Postal ID
- PhilHealth ID Card
- GSIS Card
- GSIS Certificate of Membership
- Tax Identification Card
- Voter’s Identification Card
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Marriage Contract
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Senior Citizen Card
- Pag-IBIG Member’s Data Form
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Card
- ID Card issued by Local Government Units (e.g. Barangay, Municipality, or City)
- ID Card issued by Professional Associations
- Baptismal Certificate
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Transcript of School Records
- Permit to Carry Firearms issued by the Firearms & Explosive Unit of PNP
- Temporary License issued by Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Permanent Residency ID
- Certificate from:
- Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
- Office of Muslim Affairs
- Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Documents/Seafarer’s ID & Record Book from Maritime Industry Authority
- Certificate of Naturalization from the Bureau of Immigration
- Bank Account Passbook
Step 4. Submit your accomplished application form along with photocopies of your IDS or documents (they accept photocopies) and wait until you get verified. If you get verified, they will get your photo for the ID, your signature, and your fingerprint. They will then give you the slip when you will receive your card and they will deliver it by mail.
Step 5. You need to activate the card or else it will be useless. Your card will be activated 72 hours from the time you validate your fingerprints at the GSIS [email protected] Kiosk. You can always ask staff there on how to activate unless you see yourself wondering how that is.
These are the steps on how to get a UMID Card. Getting a UMID Card is not much of a hassle actually; you just need to know where to go. Remember, having a UMID can benefit you in a lot of ways and can open doors to unthinkable benefits. So what are you waiting for? Come and apply now.
More Helpful tutorials from EfrenNolasco.com
- Everything you need to know about the New Postal ID
- How to Register to BDO Online Banking
- How to Pay Smart Bills Online
- How to Book Online in Cebu Pacific
- How to enroll on PNB Online Banking
15 thoughts on “How to get Unified Multi-Purpose ID or UMID Card”
I’m not yet a member of SSS, I want to apply of ASA true online, but how?
can i apply for a UMID card even my contribution to SSS is nit updated?
Kailangan po muna ma update
Sir pano po kaya yun sakin 2014 po ako ng file ng sss number and feom that time po di ko nahulugan kahit isang beses.Gagamitin ko po kasi pagaaply ko kaso po di natuloy. And aside from that sir tagaytay ako nagapply nun and now dito na po ako sa quezon naninirahan. Puede pa po ba yun?
Sir pano po kaya yun akin 2014 po ako nagfile para po sa pagaaply sana and from that time po di ko na din po nahulugan kahit isang beses. Saka sir tagaytay ako dati nagfile and now dito na po ako sa quezon. Puede pa po ba yun kahit ganun katagal na?
UMID is free for new member but if you ‘re already a member and you want to apply for UMID you need to pay 200-250 I can’t remember the exact amount.
Anyone can help me, may work kasi ako
Gusto Ko magkaroon NG umid id, kaso wala
Ako time to process
need personal appearance for your biometric data capture, finger prints & your signature.
Good evening po. Ano po ba ang dapat gawin kung nawala yung umid I’d ko yr. 2019 pa po sya nawala kaso yun din ang araw na paalis ako ng pinas kaya wla na ako time na mkapunta sa sss office hanggang nagyon di pa ako nakabalik ng pinas. Ano
po ba ang pwde kung gawin? Maraming Salamat po sa makakasagot ng katanungan ko.
how abut if you lost ur umid card?makakuha ba kahit wala ng affidavit of lost document.
BAKIT SOBRANG TAGAL NG PROSES NG PAG GAWA NG UMID. LAST YEAR JANUARY 2020 AKO NAG PAGAWA THEN ANG SABI SAKIN OCTOBER 2019 PALANG GINAGAWA NILA. THEN BUMALIK AKO THIS MONTH JANUARY 2021 GANUN PARIN SABI SAKIN OCTOBER 2019 PARIN ANG GINAGAWA NILA. BAKIT GANUN KATAGAL? NAG PAPAFOLLOW UP AKO, ANG SABI SAKIN WALA DAW YUNG NAG GAGAWA 🙁 PANO BA TO. BAT GANUN KATAGAL GUMAWA NG UMID?
Anong dokumento ang kailangan kong ipresent sa typograpical error ng middle name ko
How can i apply UMID ID
How to get application form for umid id.
sss Muntinlupa branch bakit ayaw nyo tanggapin ang PSA at NBI lng ang identification ..hindi pa ba sapat ang record namin sa inyo .. bilis nyo tumanggap ng PERA pero ang hirap nyo magbigay ng ID card ..pahirapan pa ang dami nyong hinahanapnna valid ID..