In this article, we will be educating you with the steps on how to get one of the most important and the most useful IDs in our country, we have an ID which can display all important information as regards to employment and that is what we refer to as the Unified Multi-Purpose ID Card or the UMID Card. The steps in getting this ID is not so toxic at all as long as you know where to go and the following are the steps you need to take to successfully grab a hold of the UMID.
Why should I get a UMID card?
A lot do not know this but getting a UMID card is actually one of the most fruitful decisions Filipinos can make and this is because:
- Transaction with government agencies will be so much easier if you have this ID. Agencies like the SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG.
- You can easily apply for a loan, you can view your account, or you can apply for a cash advance with just one tap of this in a kiosk; and;
- It is considered to be one of the most valid IDs in the Philippines.
Government employees can apply for a UMID in the GSIS Enrollment Center while private employees and OFWs can apply by going to the nearest SSS branch near them.
Step 1. Duly accomplish the application form which you can download here.
- UMID Application Form for SSS members
- UMID Application Form for GSIS members with eCard Plus
- UMID Application Form for GSIS members (New Enrollee)
Step 2. Bring at least one (1) of the following primary IDs:
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission Card (PRC Card)
- Seaman’s Book or Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book
Step 3. In absence of any of the above IDs, kindly present at least two (2) of any of the documents listed:
- Company ID
- School ID
- Postal ID
- PhilHealth ID Card
- GSIS Card
- GSIS Certificate of Membership
- Tax Identification Card
- Voter’s Identification Card
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Marriage Contract
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Senior Citizen Card
- Pag-IBIG Member’s Data Form
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Card
- ID Card issued by Local Government Units (e.g. Barangay, Municipality, or City)
- ID Card issued by Professional Associations
- Baptismal Certificate
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Transcript of School Records
- Permit to Carry Firearms issued by the Firearms & Explosive Unit of PNP
- Temporary License issued by Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Permanent Residency ID
- Certificate from:
- Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
- Office of Muslim Affairs
- Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Documents/Seafarer’s ID & Record Book from Maritime Industry Authority
- Certificate of Naturalization from the Bureau of Immigration
- Bank Account Passbook
Step 4. Submit your accomplished application form along with photocopies of your IDS or documents (they accept photocopies) and wait until you get verified. If you get verified, they will get your photo for the ID, your signature, and your fingerprint. They will then give you the slip when you will receive your card and they will deliver it by mail.
Step 5. You need to activate the card or else it will be useless. Your card will be activated 72 hours from the time you validate your fingerprints at the GSIS [email protected] Kiosk. You can always ask staff there on how to activate unless you see yourself wondering how that is.
These are the steps on how to get a UMID Card. Getting a UMID Card is not much of a hassle actually; you just need to know where to go. Remember, having a UMID can benefit you in a lot of ways and can open doors to unthinkable benefits. So what are you waiting for? Come and apply now.
More Helpful tutorials from EfrenNolasco.com
- Everything you need to know about the New Postal ID
- How to Register to BDO Online Banking
- How to Pay Smart Bills Online
- How to Book Online in Cebu Pacific
- How to enroll on PNB Online Banking