The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has an online system where self employed individual can get Tax Identification Number (TIN) online. The eREGISTRATION (eREG) system is a web application or website where various taxpayer services can be done such as TIN issuance, payment of registration fee and issuance of Certificate of Registration.
The eREG system has a module called eTIN, it offers convenient access to apply for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) over the internet.
The online registration of Tax Identification Number known as eTIN is only offered to the following types of individual taxpayers;
- Self-employed individuals (such as Single Proprietors and Professionals)
- Mixed Income Earners (e.g. Employee and single proprietor and/or professional at the same time)
- Those who are qualified under Executive No. 98
How to Get BIR TIN Number Online
To get BIR TIN number online, you only need a valid email address where you can receive further instructions upon submitting the online form that you will fill out.
Also, please note that we are only allowed to get one (1) TIN number for life. Getting more than one TIN number is criminally punishable. If you already get TIN number before and you only forget, please visit the nearest BIR Regional District Office (RDO) in your place and bring a valid ID to have them check if there’s TIN Number issued in your name.
If you’re sure that you don’t have one, please follow the steps below to get TIN number online.
1. Visit BIR eReg website (https://ereg.bir.gov.ph/ereg/)
2. Scroll down to see the registration form, enter your complete and accurate details.
3. Double check all the details you’ve entered, make sure all are correct, email address is working, then click “submit”.
4. Done, all you have to do is wait for the email from BIR regarding the issuance of your TIN number.
- Renewal of BIR Registration Certificate, Mayor’s Permit, and Barangay Permit
- How to Register Your Business with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)