The Philippine Postal Corporation are now issuing the new Postal ID which has more security features than the old one and it is valid government ID for almost anyone who needs address and identity proof.
Having a personal ID is very important for everyone of us; but getting an ID that will be honored in every institution is difficult, especially if you don’t have skills, qualifications or employment.
Fortunately, we have a Philippine Postal ID that everybody can easily get with a few requirements that almost anyone has, unlike the requirements for obtaining a driver’s license, PRC license, SSS or GSIS card.
But due to low security features of Postal ID, it can easily be forged and used for illegal transactions, this is one of the reasons why some institutions are not honoring the postal ID as a valid ID.
The good news is, the Philippine Postal Corp. (PhilPost) has started rolling out the new Postal ID with special security features that you can use like other government ID’s in your important transactions like applying for the new Passport.
Who can Apply for New Postal ID?
All Filipinos of any age, whether living in the Philippines or abroad, are eligible to apply. Very soon, the new Postal ID will also be available to foreigners residing in the Philippines for at least six months.
What are the Requirements for the New Postal ID?
You need these two (2) basic documents; bring the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- PROOF OF IDENTITY* – Submit any one (1) of the following: Birth Certificate Issued by NSO or Local Civil Registry; UMID Card; LTO Driver’s License; or Valid Passport. Married females must bring their marriage certificate (to validate change of name from birth document)
- PROOF OF ADDRESS – Submit any one (1) of the following: Barangay Certificate of Residency or Utility Bill (electricity, water, telephone, cell phone)
*Applicants with no Birth Certificate, UMID Card, LTO Driver’s License or Valid Passport may submit ANY TWO (2) of the following documents, at least one of which should bear the applicant’s photo and signature: Valid paper-based Postal ID, Valid NBI/Police Clearance, Old SSS or GSIS card, Valid OWWA ID, Valid PRC ID, Digitized BIR ID, Valid Seaman’s Book, Valid Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Company ID, Senior Citizen ID, Baptismal Certificate, Certificates of Birth/Marriage from National Commission for Muslim Filipinos (NCMF), National Commission for Indigenous Peoples (NCIP), Elementary or High School Form 137, Transcript of Records with readable dry seal (for applicants 18 years old and below), Marriage Contract, Valid University/School or Alumni ID, TIN card
Where can I Apply for New Postal ID?
Application forms will be available at all post offices, but Postal ID data capture will only be available in 261 strategically located post offices across the Philippines and soon in PHLPost mall outlets.
Here is the list of Postal ID capturing sites.
Postal ID Capturing Sites by Efren Nolasco
How long before I get the New Postal ID?
PHLPost will deliver the new Postal ID to the applicant’s address approximately.
- 15 working days – Metro Manila residents
- 20 working days – Major cities and municipalities
- 30 working days – for those residing in remote Barangay’s and island provinces
How much the New Postal ID?
The applicants will pay the following fee anywhere in the country.
- Postal ID Card + Delivery Fee = Php 450.00
- 12% VAT = Php 54.00
- Total PID Payment = Php 504.00
How long will this new Postal ID will Expire?
The new Postal ID has a 3-year expiry
I have an old Postal ID can I apply for a New Postal ID?
The old laminated Postal ID will continue to be valid until the expiration date, but you can apply for a new ID with the following discounts.
- PID Card valid for the next 36 months = 25% discount
- PID Card valid for the next 24 to 35 months = 20% discount
- PID Card valid for the next 12 to 23 months = 10% discount
Why do I need the New Postal ID?
The current paper board postal ID has become easy to copy or fake. This is one of the reasons why many institutions do not accept the Postal ID as a proof of identity. The new plastic Postal ID is more secure and comparable to other government issued ID like LTO driver’s license.
What are the Security Features of New Postal ID?
- On-site digital capture of fingerprints, photo, signature and personal details
- Centralized ID printing and database to guarantee that the cards are authentic
- An encrypted QR (‘quick response’) code printed on the card can verify the identity of ID holder using a downloadable smart-phone application
Updated: April 7, 2017
More Informative articles on EfrenNolasco.com
- How to Apply for an SSS Salary Loan Online
- How to view SSS Contribution online, including Static Info, loan balance, etc.
- How to Apply NBI Clearance online
- How to get authenticated NSO certificate online (Birth certificate, Marriage certificate, Death certificate and Certificate of no Marriage or CENOMAR)