How to apply for SSS Housing Loan for Repairs and/or Improvements


The Philippine Social Security System (SSS) o Paseguruhan ng Kapanatagang Panlipunan) offers Housing Loan for Repairs and/or Improvements to qualified members. The loan may be used to finance Major House Repairs, particularly for dilapidated and structurally unsafe housing units, or For House Improvements which shall apply to extension or expansion and enhancement of the economic and aesthetic value of an existing housing unit, completion of an occupied bare house, construction of the concrete fence and steel gate or installation of a deep well and motor pump.

The Housing Loan for Repairs and/or Improvements is a lending program of the Social Security System (SSS) available either directly from the SSS or thru its accredited participating financial institutions (PFIs) such as, Philippine Veterans Bank, Land bank of the Philippines, Planters Development Bank and Valiant Rural Bank-ILOILO.

Who are qualified applicants?

  • The borrower must be a member of SSS who has at least 36 months contributions and 24 continuous contributions in the period prior to application
  • Age of member is not more than 60 years old at the time of application.
  • Member was not previously granted a repair and/or improvement loan by the SSS or NHMFC.
  • Member has not been granted final SSS benefits
  • Borrower and spouse is updated in the payment of their other SSS loan(s), if any.

Where to apply?

The member should file his application to the nearest SSS cluster branch or to the Housing and Business Loan Department, 5/F, SSS Bldg., East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City or with any of the following SSS-accredited PFIs;

101 V.A Rufino corner Dela Rosa St., Legaspi Village, Makati City
Number: 818-4219; 902-1629

Land Bank Plaza, 1598 M.H. del Pilar, Malate, Manila
Numbers: 405-7640; 522-2200

314 Buendia Ave., Makati City
Numbers: 884-7600 loc. 5108

41 A. Mabini St., Iloilo City
Numbers: (033) 508-5548, (033) 336-6396, (0939) 905-5144

What are the Requirements?

1. Application for Direct House Repair and/or Improvement Loan (2 copies) and SS ID Cards of the principal applicant and his/her spouse, if applicable. In the absence of the SS ID Card, any two (2) valid IDs with signature, at least one (1) with photo (original and photocopy for authentication)

2. For employed borrower, latest Income Tax Return (original and photocopy for authentication) and Certification of Employment and Compensation duly signed by the employer’s SSS authorized signatory (original copy) together with two (2) latest monthly pay slips

For Self-employed or Professional, Income Tax Returns and Financial Statements for the last three (3) years (original and one photocopy)

For overseas workers, the Contract of Employment and Certification of Employment and Compensation duly authenticated by the Philippine Consulate or SSS Foreign Representative

3. Certified true copy of the Original/Transfer/Condominium Certificate of Title (OCT/TCT/CCT) issued by the Registry of Deeds together with owner’s duplicate copy*

4. Latest Tax Declaration of Real Property (land and building) with the Official Receipt of Realty Tax Payment (original and one (1) photocopy)

5. Lot/Location Plan prepared, signed & sealed by a licensed geodetic engineer. The plan should be prepared in a standard Bureau of Lands form (blueprint or whiteprint copy in 15” x 20” size) with the following: *

  • Sketch of the lot with description of its boundaries;
  • Lengths and bearings of the tie line and sides of the lot; and
  • Vicinity map w/ landmarks, street pattern, street names and lot distance as reckoned/based from the lot to the nearest street intersection (2 copies)

6. Consolidation-subdivision plan approved by the Land Registration Authority or Bureau of Lands/DENR-NCR (15” x 20” size; primary document) (1 copy)

7. Complete set of building plan (20” x 30” size; blue/whiteprint copy) as approved by the Building Official with signature of the owner/applicant and signed & sealed by the respective licensed engineers (Architectural Plans by the Architect/Civil Engineer, Structural Plans by Civil/Structural Engineer, Sanitary Plans by Civil/Sanitary Engineer and Electrical Plans by Electrical Engineer). For existing/completed houses, as-built building plans duly signed & sealed by respective engineer or architect with conformity of the owner/applicant (2 copies)

8. Specifications and Bill of Materials & Labor must be signed & sealed by a licensed civil engineer or architect with owner’s conformity, for loans over P100, 000. While for loans P100, 000 and below the signature and seal by a licensed civil engineer or architect are no longer required. (original and one (1) photocopy)

9. Scope of Works showing list/itemized works to be done according to priority, prepared and signed by owner, civil engineer or architect. (original and one (1) photocopy)

10. Building or Renovation Permit issued/approved by the Building Official with Locational Clearance, Electrical Permit, Sanitary/Plumbing Permit and corresponding official receipts of payments (original and one (1) photocopy)

11. Pictures of existing collateral; the existing house and lot (1st – Front and one side, 2nd – Rear and other side, 3rd – Kitchen counter, and 4th – Toilet and Bath Pictures)

12. For existing housing loan with the SSS under Joint Application (duplex unit), written conformity/consent of the joint applicant/co-owner mortgagor pertaining to this repair and/or improvement housing loan availment (original copy)

13. For Condominium Units:

  • Floor plan of the specific condominium unit, scaled with size dimensions (20” x 30” size, blue/whiteprint copy) signed & sealed by licensed architect or civil engineer
  • Architectural Plans showing the plan of the specific floor where the unit is located; Floor plan should be scaled with size dimensions
  • First page of the condominium building plans showing the site development plan, vicinity map, etc., as approved by the Building Official

14. Affidavit of undertaking to continue paying monthly SSS Premium Contributions for the duration of loan for voluntary and Self-employed member only.

Loan Details

A. Loanable Amount

The maximum loanable amount is P1,000,000.00.

  • Appraised value of collateral of at least 70% but not to exceed 90%;
  • Borrower’s capacity to pay; and
  • Actual need of the borrower based on the contract to sell/scope of work and bill of materials evaluated by the SSS.

B. Interest Rate

The interest rate for the loan is 9 percent per annum.


Loans with a payment term of not more than 15 years shall bear a fixed interest rate. Loans with a payment term beyond 15 years shall bear a fixed interest rate only during the first 15 years of the loan term but thereafter shall be subject to re-pricing every five years starting on the anniversary month of the 15th year.

C. Term of the Loan

The loan is payable in multiples of five (5) years up to a maximum of term of 20 years except for OFW which have a maximum term of 15 years. However, the loan term shall be subject to the following:

  • The principal borrower’s age shall not exceed 65 years old at the time of loan maturity; and
  • The loan term shall not exceed the economic life of the house after repairs and/or improvements are introduced as determined by the SSS appraiser.

D. Allowable Collateral/s

The acceptable collateral for the loan is the Transfer Certificate of Title/Original Certificate of Title/Condominium Certificate Title (TCT/OCT/CCT) registered under the Torrens System issued by the Registry of Deeds in the name of the principal borrower and/or his spouse free from liens and encumbrances.

The loan shall be secured by a first mortgage on the lot and house proposed to be repaired and/or improved.

In case of loans thru the PFIs, a joint first mortgage for the SSS and the PFI is required.

The following are not acceptable as housing loan collateral:

  • Land type other than residential
  • Less than 15 sq. meters floor area, in case of condominium
  • Less than 32 sq. meters lot area
  • Road right of way is less than 1.5 meters
  • Free/Homestead/Misc. Sales Patent Titles

E. Manners of Payment

Post-dated checks (PDCs) shall be the mode of payment. Borrowers shall submit a set of 12 months PDCs representing loan amortization payments and to be replenished every year thereafter until the account is fully paid. Payments through post-dated checks shall be subject to Office Order No. 2011-028.

F. Appraisal of Property

For loans availed from PFIs, the PFI will appraise the property. If availed from SSS, SSS will appraise the property.

G. Insurance

The housing loan account should be covered by a Mortgage Redemption Insurance and Fire Insurance.

The insurance premiums shall be shouldered by the borrower.

H. Loan Fees

The borrower shall be charged a processing fee equivalent to ½ of 1% of loan amount or P500.00 whichever is higher but not to exceed P3,000.00 to be deducted from the first loan release.

Inspection fee of P500 will be charged for both within and outside Metro Manila.


  • The above list of PFIs is subject to change. Please confirm the accreditation of these PFIs with the Housing and Business Loans Department.
  • Present original and a photocopy of required documents for authentication purposes
  • Applicant and spouse must be up-to-date in all existing loan accounts with SSS subject to verification by the SSS Housing and Business Loan Department (HBLD)
  • SSS reserves the right to require additional documents if deemed necessary

For more information, please visit the SSS Housing and Business Loans Department, 5th Floor, SSS Main Building, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City or you may call telephone number 920-64-01 local 5121 to 5127, or e-mail us at [email protected]

More Helpful tutorials from

Source: SSS

Subscribe for updates!

Enter your email address to subscribe and be the first to notified when we publish new article.


How to Apply for the Philippines International Driving Permit (PIDP)

Digital SLR Camera Tips for Beginners


19 thoughts on “How to apply for SSS Housing Loan for Repairs and/or Improvements”

  1. Hi po im interested with this, what if wala pa talagang lupa at bahay pwede po ba maka loan para maka bili ng lupa at bahay?im employed and nag renting lang po kc kme. thanks po sa makasagot

  2. Pwde po ba mkpag loan kht bahai po ng parents ko yung tinitirahan nmin hindi naman po masyado.malaki ang uutangin ko mga 100k lng po lalagyan ko lng po ng 2nd flr ang kwarto namin.

  3. Nagpatayo po ako ng bahay pero dpa tapos dahil wala na po akong budget…gusto ko sanang mag avail kaya llng problema po ung land title…kc sa biyenan ko po un at sa likod lng po ng bahay nila nagpatayo…pano po un?

  4. Good day mam/sir please notice me 🙏 para sa papa ko na matagal ng member sa SSS at need namin ng pera ngayon para pagawa sa bahay namin na nasira dahil sa earthquake please🙏🙏🙏 po …tulungan niyo po kami paano mag loan sa SSS mam/sir .Salamat in advance and God bless 💞

  5. Pwd ba mag housing loan kahit meron salary loan
    At pwd ba maka avail kahit ang bahay naka pangalan sa parents. Hoping my reply


Leave a Comment