The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is an attached agency to the Office of the President for administrative purposes. Its mandate is to promote relevant and higher quality education that will make graduates and professionals, highly competent and recognized in the international arena.
It also includes in their mandate to ensure that quality higher education is accessible to all who seek it, particularly those who may not be able to afford it.
In consonance with the mandate, CHED continues to provide poor and deserving Filipinos opportunities for quality higher education as articulated in its Long Term Development Plan provisions for “Access and Equity” with the establishment and maintenance of scholarship, grants-in-aid and loan programs.
If you or any of your family members are interested in avail the program and you think you are eligible to check the list of qualifications below.
Qualifications for CHED scholarship
According to the official gazette of the Philippine Government, to be able to qualify in Full Scholarship (FS) from CHED, the students must have a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent and GWA of at least 85% or its equivalent for a Partial Scholarship (PS).
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a high school graduate; candidate for graduation; with earned units in college; passer of ALS/PEPT;
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed P300,000.00;
- Must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program; and
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program.
Requirements for CHED scholarship
General Weighted Average (GWA) Requirements
Full Scholarship (FS)
Intended for high school graduates whose general weighted average (GWA) is at least 90% or its equivalent, and for graduating high school students whose GWA is at least 90% or its equivalent in the third year and at least 90% in the first three grading periods of the fourth year, who will enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private higher education institutions (HEIs).
Partial Scholarship (PS)
Intended for high school graduates whose GWA is at least 85% or its equivalent and for graduating high school students whose GWA is at least 85% in the third year and at least 85% in the first three grading periods of the fourth year, who will enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized public HEIs
Senior High School Graduate
- Photocopy of grades in Grade 12 and original copy of the Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the principal.
Candidate for Graduation in Senior High School
- Photocopy of grades in Grade 12 (1st semester) and original copy of the Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the principal.
- Photocopy of grades in grade 11 (1st and 2nd semesters) and original copy of the Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the principal.
Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer (ALS)
- Photocopy of Alternative Learning System (ALS) Accreditation and Equivalency Test Certificate/Certificate of Rating (Secondary Level) from the Department of Education (DepEd);
- Photocopy of Diploma
Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Passer
- Photocopy of Certificate of Rating from DepEd;
- Photocopy of Diploma
With Earned Units in College
- Photocopy of grades in all subjects in completed semesters and Certification of Total General Weighted Average (GWA) from the registrar.
A. Anyone of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian,
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR),
- Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay,
- Case Study from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), or Affidavit of No Income
- For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.
B. Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended
How to Apply for CHED Scholarship Online
Interested CHED Scholarship applicants may apply online through each CHED Regional Offices listed below.
- CHEDRO I
- CHEDRO II
- CHEDRO III
- CHEDRO IV
- CHEDRO V
- CHEDRO VI
- CHEDRO VII
- CHEDRO VIII
- CHEDRO IX
- CHEDRO X
- CHEDRO XI
- CHEDRO XII
- CHED NCR
- CHED CAR
- CHED CARAGA
- CHED MIMAROPA
How to Apply for CHED Scholarship 2020
Step 1. Fill out the CHED Scholarship application form, you can download it here.
Step 2. After you fully accomplished the form, submit it to CHED Regional Offices together with all documentary requirements mentioned above.
Step 3. After the evaluation of the forms and documents you submitted, CHED will contact/mail you regarding the status of your application.
For more information about the CHED scholarship, please visit CHED official website or the Philippine government official gazette.