Facebook has become our source for everything; news, friends, entertainment, even reminders of events we need to take note of. It has been a very essential tool in our lives that most people already cling unto Facebook and treat it as a necessity. If you have an upcoming event, you can also have that planned inside Facebook as well and in this article, we will be teaching you how to create an event in Facebook.
Before diving deeper into the topic, what is a Facebook event? Well, in its simplest terms, a Facebook event is an awesome feature of Facebook that allows people to organize gatherings, invite people to a gathering, and so on. Pretty much what an event organizer does. So having known that;
Read: How to create Facebook Note
So how do you create a Facebook event? Here are the basic steps on creating a simple one – a simple one is an event which captures all important information about the event you are going to hold.
- On the left-hand side of the homepage, you will see Events, click on it and it will redirect you to the events page where you can see all events which you are a part of. If it has none, it will tell you that you have no pending events.
- You will see a “+ Create” sign on the top right of the page, and obviously, in order to create the event you have to click on it.
- It will then give you a prompt containing all information:
- Event Name
- Date and Time
- An option to upload a photo or not
- A checkbox to allow you to invite friends
- There are two types of events: A Public Event and A Private Event. Private Events are only visible to the people who are invited while Public Events are visible to everyone (on or off of Facebook). You can also have that categorized in the prompt.
- After filling up information, please take note that the Event Name and Event Time and Date are essential and these are considered a required field. Tap People Invited to invite people to your event.
Read: How to create Facebook Group
As you can see, creating an event is as simple as ABC’s; you won’t actually have a hard time creating an event because of the simplicity and its straightforwardness. But what good can these events really be?
- It is already spoon-fed so people don’t have to search the entire internet for the event. You just need to make sure that all relevant information is there like the location, time and date, theme (if you have any), event name, contact persons.
- It creates a sense of urgency to people invited because it is done using one of the most famous platforms – Facebook. It will then be embedded into their minds that this is an actual event they need to prepare for.
- If you notice that the “Only Admins Can Post to the Wall” box is ticked, untick it because it can cause your invites to lose enthusiasm. Plus, Facebook events are meant to make people mingle more than the actual event so why break the fun?
- If this is an event wherein people need to buy tickets, have them excited by posting things like countdowns, photos, news, etc. so that they are kept molded and their minds are set to the event.
These are just a few of what Facebook events do to organizations that plan big and fun parties/events. This feature is made to help people interact better and for them to know what’s coming immediately instead of wasting time by searching the net from which they can get bogus information. Planning an event soon? Use Facebook’s Events and make your life easier.
More Facebook Tips
- How to Join Facebook Group
- How to leave Facebook Group or Group Chat
- How to make Group Calls in Facebook