Even on Facebook, there are what you call “groups,” and these groups obviously are sets of people who agree upon a certain thing – just like what a normal group is in reality. Most often, Facebook groups are assembled in order to find people who share the same interests as you. Examples would be: about one politician in the election, about an NBA team who they are rooting for and so on and so forth.
There are also however, Facebook Pages and that is a totally different story. In this article, you will know everything you that need to know about Facebook groups, how to find them, how to join them, and how to even create one.
What are Facebook Groups?
To fully define it in its simplest terms, you can compare Facebook groups to clubs or friendships in the real world. There are two different types of members in Facebook groups:
- Group Administrators
- Group Members
To state the obvious, the administrators are the ones controlling the group while the members, follow, patronize, and spread the word about the group. Now that you know that there are different types of members, what else can I Facebook group offer?
Facebook Groups vs. Facebook Pages
A lot get misinformed and misguided by the difference between a Facebook group and Facebook page. The two are completely different and to differentiate, here are a few things to consider:
- Facebook Group
- Are the place in Facebook for people to share their common interests and ideas.
- It is a place to express opinions and suggestions from both members and administrators.
- When a group is created, the creator has the option to make it publicly available for everyone to see it or just make it available to those who will receive invitations to join the group.
- Facebook Page
- A Facebook page is just like a profile but by a certain brand, merchandise, celebrity, etc.
- It is a way to display public figures, organizations, businesses, etc. to the people on who are on Facebook.
- Unlike a Facebook group, people could not join pages, they could subscribe in a way that people who do can see updates and news from the pages.
- Facebook profile – person; Facebook page – entities, organizations, public figures.
How do I join a Facebook Group?
Although there are groups who set their privacy too narrow that they only want members that are ought to be invited, there are groups who are open for everyone. To join a group,
- Simply click on the group you want to join in
- After being redirected, there is a Join Group button in the top-right corner.
- Depending on the settings, you may have to wait for the approval of your joining to the group.
Creating your own Facebook Group
And finally, yes, Facebook gives the people power to create their own group. Here is how you can create one:
- After you sign in on Facebook, the left-side part of Facebook where it shows you what groups you are part of, there you can find the “Add Group” You may have to click “More” if you are part of many groups to see this button.
- After clicking that, a prompt will appear asking for a group name, a list of members you want to join you, and the settings for its privacy.
- That’s it, you’ve now created a Facebook Group and now, it’s time to add members. After creating a group, you have the authority to pick who can be your administrators to help you out in managing the group.
Just like in the real world, there are groups in Facebook to; groups that can help you that you can communicate with and groups that you can share ideas and innovations to. Stay tuned for more tutorials like this.