As a Filipino, I’m pretty sure you are well aware of what Pag-IBIG is. For a brief background, Pag-IBIG or Home Developmental Mutual Fund is the government-controlled association that assists citizens in their acquisition of land and/or shelters. Furthermore, this government body also offers loans and other benefits to its members. Although almost all Filipinos are aware of the requirements and the interest, the association reduced the number of requirements for the housing loan. On top of that, the interest has also decreased dramatically.
Previously, this loan has 14 requirements. Now, the requirements you need are down to seven (7). In addition to that, the interest for the housing loan reduced from 4.5% to a mere 3% for minimum-wage workers.
Read: How to Apply Pag-IBIG Fund Housing Loan Online
What are the new requirements for the new and improved Pag-IBIG Housing Loan?
The following are the requirements you need to submit upon application:
1. A duly accomplished housing loan application form. Submit it with 2 recent VALID IDs of borrower/co-borrower (if possible). You can download and print the application form below:
TIP: Use good-quality paper because you have to print both forms back-to-back.
2. At least one (1) valid ID (photocopy & back-to-back)
- Principal Borrower and Spouse
- Co-Borrower and Spouse
- Seller and Spouse and;
- Developer’s Authorized Representative and Attorney-In-Fact (if applicable)
3. Proof of Income
IF LOCALLY EMPLOYED
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) for the year immediately before the the date of the loan application. Attach BIR Form No. 2316 completed and stamped by BIR.
- One-month payslip – needs to be certified. Within the last three (3) months prior to the date of the application.
- Notarized Certificate of Employment (CoE) that states the monthly gross income and monthly monetary benefits and allowances.
- NOTE: If government employee, the payslip must be submitted together with the ITR or CEC.
IF OVERSEAS (LAND/SEA)
- Certificate of Employment and Compensation (CEC) written on the company’s official letterhead; signed by employer. Support this with the employer’s ID or passport.
- Employment contract between the employee and the employer; POEA Standard Contract
- Income Tax Return (ITR) filed with host country (in English)
- Bank Statements or Passbook for the last 12 months (if income source is from pensions, remittance from other country, etc.)
- Lease Contract (Copy) and Tax Declaration (If real estate)
- Certified True Copy of Transport Franchise issued by the appropriate government agency (LGU for tricycles, LTFRB for other PUVs)
- Audited Financial Statements, Income Tax Return (ITR), and Official Receipt of Tax Payment from the bank. Support with DTI Registration and Business Permit/Mayor’s Permit.
- Certificate of Engagement
- **Other documents that would validate and prove income
4. Transfer Certificate of Title (TCT) (latest title, Certified True Copy)
- For a Condo Unit, present TCT of the land and Condominium Certificate of Title (CCT). You need to submit the Certified True Copy
5. Updated Tax Declaration
6. Vicinity/Sketch of the property (MAP)
7. Contract-to-Sell or any proof of documentation of the agreement between the buyer and seller
Who is eligible to apply for the improved Pag-IBIG Housing Loan?
Although the requirements are changed, the eligibility of members are still the same.
- Has no outstanding Pag-IBIG loan as borrower/co-borrower
- A member who at least has (24 months) of contribution at the time of the loan application
- If a member has less than 24 months of contribution, he/she can make a payment to complete the 24 months to meet the requirements. He/She needs to be a member and contributing for at least (12 months)
- The Pag-IBIG requires a member whose loan exceeds P500,000.00 to pay the upgraded membership contribution rates upon housing loan approval and onwards.
- A member that is not 65 years old at the date of loan application. Provided further that he is not more than 70 years old at loan maturity
- Had no Pag-IBIG housing loan that was foreclosed, bought back due to default, cancelled, or when the borrower no longer wishes to pursue the loan and surrenders the property
- He/She must have the legal capacity to acquire and encumber real property and;
- Needs to pass the satisfactory background/credit and employment/business checks of the Pag-IBIG Fund.
- A co-borrower can avail the Pag-IBIG housing loan for himself. He/She shall be allowed to do so provided that the tacked loan is updated and the amount proportionate to his loan entitlement has been fully paid. On the other hand, the co-borrower may be released from the original obligation and will be allowed to avail of his own Pag-IBIG housing loan, subject to usual evaluation procedures.
- Has no outstanding Pag-IBIG multi-purpose loan in arrears at the time of loan application. A member whose multi-purpose loan is in arrears shall be required to pay his arrearages over the counter to update his account.
Documents needed prior to loan release
In addition to the documents listed above, an aspiring borrower needs to submit the following before the release of the loan. The requirements earlier are to be submitted at the date of the loan application.
- Updated Tax Declaration (House and Lot) and Updated Real Estate Tax Receipt (Photocopy) in the name of the borrower/co-borrower/s, if applicable
- Loan Mortgage Documents
- Duly accomplished/Notarized Promissory Note (HQP-HLF-086/087)
- TCT/CCT in the name of the borrower/co-borrower/s (if applicable) with proper mortgage annotation in favor of Pag-IBIG Fund (Owner’s Duplicate Copy)
- Loan and Mortgage Agreement duly registered with Registry of Deeds with original RD stamp (HQP-HLF-162/163)
- TCT/CCT in the name of the borrower/co-borrower/s (if applicable) (Certified True Copy) with proper mortgage annotation in favor of Pag-IBIG Fund (RD’s copy)
- Disclosure Statement on Loan Transaction (HQP-HLF-085)
- Deed of Absolute Sale duly registered with Registry of Deeds with original RD stamp
- Duly accomplished/notarized Promissory Note (HQP-HLF-086/087)
You may ask about some of these in the Pag-IBIG office where you are planning to submit your loan.
Now that the HDMF made it easier for its members to avail a housing loan, many Filipinos now feel easier and more secured with the new and improvised Pag-IBIG loan. The procedure is still the same but the initial requirements you need to submit got reduced in half! Plus, minimum-wage workers get less interest.
What are you waiting for? Apply for a Pag-IBIG Housing Loan now.
- Step-by-Step Guide on How to Apply for a Pag-IBIG Housing Loan
- How to Check Your PAG-IBIG Monthly Contribution and Loan Payment History
- How to Withdraw Pag-IBIG Fund Contributions