Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) is formerly known as the National Statistic Office (NSO) offers 3 methods of getting any PSA documents: Walk-in Application, Online Applications (E-census), Telephone Request / NSO Helpline Plus
Walking-in – it is the process by which you apply for issuance of your documents in person or by an authorized representative by visiting the nearest Census Serbilis Centers. It is one application if they don’t like the whole online application and payment process.
Read: How to get NSO/PSA Certificate Online – Birth, Marriage, Death or CENOMAR
Things to bring
- Valid ID
- Fees per copy: P155.00 (Birth, Marriage, Death) / P210.00 (Certificate of No Marriage Record)
- Bring your own pen for faster filling of forms.
- Authorization Letter and Valid ID of the requester if you are processing for someone else.
Processing time may vary depending on the Census Serbilis Outlet you visit and your needed document.
- Birth / Marriage / Death – 30 minutes to 1 hour – if the documents are available in the database.
- CDLI – 10 working days
- CENOMAR – 4 to 7 working days including delivery
What are the Requirements?
1. Accomplished Application Form
Color-coded Application Form:
- White – Birth
- Pink – Marriage
- Yellow – Death
- Green – Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR)
2. For Birth Certificate Application Only:
- Valid ID is required for both the owner and requester of document.
- Authorization letter and ID of the document owner together with the ID of the requester are required if the requester is not of the following: Document owner, Parent, Spouse, Direct descendant, Legal guardian/ institution in-charge, if minor.
Person in Charge in any Serbilis Outlets (Metro Manila and Field Outlets):
- Information Marshalls
- Request Service Officers
- Collecting Officers
- Care Officers
- Outlet Supervisors
- Outlet Managers
Steps in availing the needed documents:
Step 1: Go to the Philippine Statistics Authority near you. You can look for the complete list of Census Serbilis Centers available in the Philippines over the internet that may process your copies of birth certificate, death certificate, marriage certificate and certificate of no marriage.
Step 2: Once inside get your Queue Number from the Information Marshall and fill-up the application form. You can download the forms in this link as well as print and answer it before going to the NSO Serbilis Center. If not, the Information Marshall will hand you the application form. (Person-In- Charge: Information Marshall)
Make sure to fill up the form in PRINT letters (all capital) and check the box(es) that applies to your answer. Specify how many copies you are requesting. Note that the number of copies will affect how much you are going to pay for the request of your NSO Birth Certificate.
Avoid erasures and write legibly so your application will run smoothly.
Step 3: Proceed to the Screener’s Desk to double check if the information you have provided is complete. It should also be consistent and readable. Have your application form stamped with “Okay for Payment.” (Person-In- Charge: Screener)
Step 4: Go to the Payment Area. Pay to the Cashier / Collecting Officer and get the Official Receipt (O.R.) (Person-In- Charge: Cashier / Collecting Officer).
There maybe a queue depending on the time and day of your arrival. As much as possible come early to avoid the long lines. You will be given a number after you have answered your application form. In addition to that, you will also be given a priority number after you have answered your application form.
Look at the screen / monitor on the waiting area to see if your number is flashed already.
Request is forwarded for processing. (Person-In- Charge: Request Service Officer)
- Converted request – within 2 hours for documents applied to 3:00pm
- Unconverted Request – 10 working days
- Annotated Request – 15 working days
- Annotated Request – within 1 hour
- CENOMAR – 4 working days
Check for the stamp in the Official Receipt for the date and time of release of your NSO document.
Step 5: Proceed to the Releasing Area if the Date and Time of release stated in your official receipt is on the same day. (Person-In- Charge: Releasing Clerk)
Step 6: For problem documents:
Proceed to the PUBLIC ASSISTANCE WINDOW / CUSTOMER SERVICE if there are queries about the requesting documents, complaints, suggestions, and requests for assistance. (Person-In- Charge: Care Officer / Outlet, Supervisor / Outlet Manager).
Read: Requirements and Procedure for Late Registration of Birth Certificate in the Philippines
Getting your PSA documents have never been this easy. Now that you can have walk-in applications, it is now easier and more accessible. You now won’t be required to be in elongated lines standing for hours. The good thing about this is, it can be done by anyone. You just need to have all the needed requirements so you can be assured of a successful and safe application.
- Birth Certificate Problems: Frequently Ask Questions with Answers
- How To Apply Birth Certificate for Unmarried Couple’s Child
- How to Correct Erroneous Entries in Birth Certificate
2 thoughts on “How to get PSA or NSO Certificate: Walk-in Applications Serbilis Outlets and PSA Offices”
I JUST WANT TO ASK IF THERE IS ANY EXTRA PAYMENT TO GET THE DOCUMENTS? DO WE HAVE TO GET CEDULA TO PROCESS/OBTAIN BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND CENOMAR?
Gusto ko po sanang kumuha ng Birth Cert. para makapag apply akong ng pwd