This jailbreak is called evasi0n and works with iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1, and it works on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad 4th Gen, iPad Mini, iPod touch 4th Gen and iPod touch 5th Gen.
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
1. Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
2. Those who use backup passwords in iTunes must disable them for now. After doing so, iTunes makes a brand new backup. Please wait for that backup to complete before proceeding! Feel free to re-enable your backup password after jailbreaking.
3. Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
4. Download evasion
5. Launch evasi0n, plug in your device, and click “Jailbreak”. Just sit back and observe its progress. Watch for any steps you may be asked to perform.
6. Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
7. If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
CREDITS: evasi0n is a production of @evad3rs. http://evad3rs.com
video credits to Lifehacker