Back in the days when you need to fall in line for almost a day just to get your authenticated NSO/PSA Birth Certificate needed for your job or school. I remember when I was applying abroad and I need to provide the agency with my authenticated NSO/PSA Birth Certificate as part of the requirements.
I visited PSA regional office branch in Legazpi, I have no idea that it would be crowded in the PSA office that time, so I go almost 9 am. I’m a little bit upset when I saw the queue of applicants reach outside the building.
I have no choice but to fall in line, and when I arrive at the counter to submit my application for Birth certificate, there’s no time to process my request and I need to go back again the next day to get the certificate.
This is very time consuming and expensive. We are lucky today because the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) formerly National Statistics Office (NSO) launched their website where you can apply and get your desired certificate online. Not only that, they also partnered with Pilipinas Teleserv a call center agency where you can also apply for NSO/PSA certificate.
As of this writing we have two official websites where we can apply for NSO certificates. The ecensus.com.ph by Unisys and the nsohelpline.com by Pilipinas Teleserv, you can choose either of these two websites to apply for your PSA certificate.
But while searching online, I found some negative feedback when they apply using e-Census website like the certificate they requested did not arrive.
How to get PSA or NSO Certificate Online
To avoid confusion, I will use the NSO Helpline in this instruction. There are three basic steps to request an NSO certificate in this website, Order Now, Pay Online and Check Status. But in my instruction I list down every step with screenshot to make it easy to follow.
- Go to NSO helpline, website www.nsohelpline.com then click on the order now section.
- Select the NSO certificate that you want to request to get started. In this instruction, I will choose Birth Certificate.
- Next, Select the purpose of your certificate or where do you need the certificate.
- If this is your first time to apply for a copy of your certificate select “No” else select “Yes”
- Fill out the Certificate Application Form completely, then click Continue.
- If you have any legal proceedings like legitimation, adoption, court hearings, etc. You can now select in this step if not click “None”.
- Enter the name of the recipient or the person who will receive the certificate. Put your name if you’re the one who will receive, then click submit.
- Double check your order summary on the left side of the screen, then on the right enter your Contact Info and Delivery Address. On the bottom part the “Checkout Summary”, certify all your entries by ticking the checkbox then click continue.
- You’re almost done, you just need to Pay your order to confirm. You can select Over the counter via Bayad Center and Metrobank, Online Payment if you have a VISA or Mastercard credit or debit card, BancNet ATM and Globe Gcash for mobile payment.
- Now that you confirm your NSO certificate thru payment, you can now check the status of your order in the Check Status page. Just enter the Reference number, then click submit. According to the website you can expect to receive your order within 2-3 days.
If you’re not around during delivery or the recipient is not around during delivery, you can use the Letter of Authorization provided just below the page. Enter the name of the representative that will receive your certificate then sign it. Also make sure that your representative has at least one valid ID.
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Pilipinas Teleserv, if you encounter any problem, please contact NSO Helpline directly @ Hotline (02) 737-1112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Helpful tutorials from EfrenNolasco.com
- How to Check SSS Contribution Online
- How to Register to BDO Online Banking
- How to Pay Smart Bills Online
- How to Book Online in Cebu Pacific
- How to enroll on PNB Online Banking
- Like, Follow or subscribe to our social media account for more updates.