Web cache or browser cache is a temporary storage of web documents such as, html page, images and other web files, this is good to reduce the bandwidth usage and server load. This is a very good practice of a web developer to prolong the live of a cache in a web browser to make the site load faster, in fact google and yahoo developer suggest to set expiration time to all the cacheable files such as the css, favicon, images and other files that are not always change.
Storing cacheable web files is not always good, because as internet user sometimes pressing refresh button or F5 will not effect. So how to clear your browser cache? clearing browser cache will vary from different browser. Here are the instructions on how to clear cache on different browser including iPad.
- Click the settings icon at the right and top part of the browser, icon may differ, depending on the version you are using.
- Click settings , see figure below.
- Click History, then
- Clear browsing data… see figure below.
- A window will popup, and you can check which cache you want to remove.
- Click the Firefox logo at the left and top part of your browser.
- Click history, then
- Cleart recent history, see figure below.
- A window will popup, wherein you can select time range to clear, select the time range that you want to clear and click clear now. You can use CTRL + SHIFT +DEL as shortcut.
- Click the settings icon at the right and top part of the browser.
- Click or hover Safety
- Then click delete browsing history, see figure below.
- A window will popup, and you can check the appropriate check box which cache you want to remove. You can also use CTRL + SHIFT +DEL as shortcut.
- In home screen, click settings
- On the settings window, at the left part of the screen click safari.
- You will see at the safari settings the Clear History and Clear cookies and data, just tap on that to clear the cache, see figure below.
If you are using google chrome browser in your ipad, it’s a little bit similar to clear cache in your PC, follow the step below.