It is hard to tell why but there are a lot of things that expire; our driver’s licenses, our passports, clearances, and yes, your PRC license. The Professional Identification Cards (PICs) which are provided by the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) is the only proof that you have to let other people know that you are competent enough to practice the profession here in our country because it is only issued once you pass the Board exam.
It does not matter whether you are practicing your profession or not but you have to renew your PRC card every three (3) years and yes, renewing it may not be very pleasant for everyone. So here is how you can renew your PRC license:
- PRC form (renewal). This is the first step; you need to accomplish the form. You can grab one copy from PRC offices or you can download the form from the internet along with this, you need to get a hold of these information because they will be needing it for you:
- Registration Date
- Exam Date
- License number
- Expiration Date
- Photocopy of your recent PRC license (front and back)
- Old PRC license card
- Two (2) passport sized ID photo
- Collared attire. The passport sized photos are just for back up.
- 450Php if you will be processing it at any of the PRC Offices
- There is an option that if you want it mailed to your address however, you are going to add 80Php for that one
- If you are going to renew it in an SM Mall, there will be a convenience fee of 50Php
At PRC Offices
- Present your fittingly accomplished renewal form together with the requirements at windows 17, 18, and 19.
- Pay the fees at cashier windows 33, 34, and 35.
- Wait for your name to be called to get your claim slip (windows 17, 18, and 19).
- Claim the new license at the scheduled time and date in your claim stub. You can also have it mailed to you if you get the courier service (add 80Php)
At SM Malls
- Go to business centers of a certain SM Mall
- Submit the accomplished form and the required documents
- Pay the fees
- Claim the license as scheduled in the stub
- Be sure that you have all the necessary documents to push through the process because you do not want to come back again for those.
- If you decide to do the process in any PRC Offices, go there early because the line can get lengthy.
- If PRC License ID is lost, be sure to bring with you a notarized Affidavit of Loss together with the needed documents/requirements.
- Bring your own pen and glue.
Renewing anything can be a bit of a pain in the neck so make sure that on the date you decided that you will renew your license, be sure to bring everything that is needed for you not to come back and go through the hassle again. I hope this helps, good luck in renewing your PRC license.