Isn’t it ironic, in the Philippines, in order to land a job, you will need a prior working experience, when in fact, you are applying for a job to have an experience. The same instance applies with valid IDs, to obtain one you will need to present any other valid IDs. The dilemma is especially painful if you are still a student. Well, student ID is quite handy if you only need a proof of identity and address. But on the cons side, the transaction you can make with it is also limited.
Recently, I got my Postal ID- my very first government-issued ID. Which helped me to verify my GCash account- one of the most necessary tool app for me this pandemic. And just in case you need a valid ID ASAP, I recommend you to continue reading this article because we will share with you a list of easiest and fastest valid IDs you can get.
1. POSTAL ID
As I have aforementioned, Postal ID is the easiest and fastest ID you can get plus it has the most basic documentary requirements. You may visit the nearest Post Office in your area to apply for one.
Read: How to Get New Postal ID
There are two types of processing you can choose from which are rush and regular.
Rush: P650, Process: 3 to 7 Working Days
Regular: P504, Process: 15 to 30 Working Days
Validity: 3 years
- Two accomplished copies of the PID application form
- One proof of identity: NSO Birth Certificate, GSIS or SSS UMID card, valid Driver’s License, or Passport.
- One proof of address: Barangay Certificate of Residency issued within three months prior to application, bank statement, or utility bill.
2. NBI Clearance
One of the most common prerequisites for employment that employers request is an NBI Clearance. Conveniently, you may use their website: https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/ to apply for one and make an appointment to pick up the document.
Read: How to Set Appointment for Multi-Purpose NBI Clearance Online
Fees: P130 and an additional P25 (for e-payment service)
Process: You can get your NBI Clearance immediately after your appointment.
Validity: 6 months to 1 year
- Two valid government-issued IDs: UMID, passport, driver’s license, original copy of birth certificate, postal ID, PhilHealth ID, or BIR ID.
The Unified Multi-Purpose ID, also known as UMID, is an ID that you can obtain online. It serves as a membership card for the Social Security System (SSS), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF or Pag-IBIG), and PhilHealth. You can apply for a UMID if you already have an SSS number and have made at least one month’s worth of contributions.
Read: How to get Unified Multi-Purpose ID or UMID Card
Fees: UMID is free for first timer or new applications. For replacement of damaged card, it has a replacement fee of P200.
Process: 30 days after application
Validity: No expiration date/Lifetime
- Accomplished UMID application form
- Any one of these primary IDs: Driver’s License, Passport, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card, or Seaman’s Book
- In the absence of the primary documents, you can submit two of these secondary IDs/documents: Postal ID, School/Company ID, TIN card, Senior Citizen Card, ATM card with cardholder’s name, credit card, Health or Medical card, NBI Clearance, marriage contract, and more.
If you want to satisfy your wanderlust, you have to obtain a passport to travel abroad. Unlike the first two IDs in the list, it has a longer validity.
To start your passport application, you need to book an online appointment: https://www.passport.gov.ph/ and fill up the application form.
Read: How to Set an Appointment for Passport Application Online
Regular: Aseana and Consular Offices (Within Metro Manila): PHP950, Process: 12 business days.
Expedite: PHP1200.00, Process: 6 business days.
Validity: 10 years
- Confirmed online appointment
- Personal appearance
- Accomplished application form
- Original and photocopy of PSA authenticated birth certificate
- Any of the following acceptable IDs with one photocopy: SSS card, GSIS card, UMID, Driver’s License, PRC ID, Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certificate issued from COMELEC main office, Postal ID, school ID (minors)
There you go! Having a valid ID especially when we are adulting is a must. I can attest to that. Adulting is hard. But it’s a stage in our life we must go through. So, to get you started, acquire any of these valid IDs now.