Anyone of you dream of being one of the majestic soldiers to protect and serve your country? Well here in the Philippines, you can actually learn that and treat it as a program and this is by applying to the Philippine Military Academy (PMA). Just like any other school, there are certain requirements and qualifications that applicants need to meet to ensure that flaws will greatly lessen. In this article, we will be guiding all students who are interested in entering the academy from the requirements, qualifications, and the procedure on how you can enter the Philippine Military Academy.
So first things first, what do you need for you to be fully eligible in joining the military academy? You have to be:
- A Filipino Citizen
- Single and has never been married
- At least high school graduate
- Physically Fit and has good moral character
- A passer in the PMA Entrance Examination
- Free from any criminal case
- At least 5 feet (both male and female)
- At least 17 years old but not even a day older than 22 on the date of the examination taken
So now you know the qualifications, it is time to get to the application process.
- The first thing you need to do after being aware that you are eligible for the program, you need to grab a copy of the application form and you can get one here.
- Print the form and fill it up and submit the duly accomplished form to the Office of the Admission which is located at: Philippine Military Academy, Fort del Pilar, Baguio City.
- Once you got the receipt, they will then instruct you to be present on a said date on your Entrance Examination at one of the Testing Centers that will be announced by the PMA itself.
- The next step is to proceed with the Limited Physical Examination that will be mentioned by your proctor on the exam day.
- The next step is to wait for the results; results can be shown on all of what we know of: Mail, Newspaper, Televisions, Internet, and Mobile notification as well.
- Once you become aware of the results, report to AFP Medical Center for Medical, Dental, and Neuropsychiatric Exam. From there, you will receive further instructions.
Aside from step 2, you can mail the application form to:
The Office of Cadet Admission
Philippine Military Academy,
Fort del Pilar, Baguio City
PMA is also open to Online Applications which can be done by clicking here. ***BE REMINDED that you need to secure a copy of your NSO/PSA Certified Birth Certificate and Form 137 (or any proof that you have finished high school in PDF FORMAT) if you decide to go with the online application.
Again, make sure you have a copy of your NSO Certified Birth Certificate, Form 137 or Transcript of Records (ToR), At least two (2) Valid IDs, Two (2) 2×2 photos with white background, pen, pencil, eraser on the date of the examination.
Now that you know how you can enter the country’s academy for training the elite forces, what do you want to do? Do you want to serve your country and protect your countrymen from forces that can aid in the disruption of life? Apply now and do not waste any more time.