Because of the ongoing power of the Marshalls in our country, a lot of people are looking to join the forces who aim to aid the development and the betterment of our country. In joining the Philippine National Police (PNP), just like any other application, there are certain requirements to be met and the procedure is standard. People who will join cannot simply be hand-picked in order to serve the country. So in this article, we will be guiding you on what the requirements are and the procedure.
There are certain steps as to how you can gradually become a member of the PNP.
- You need to print and duly accomplish a copy of the PO1 Application form that you can download at PNP Website.
- Submit the completed application form to any of the PNP Recruitment Office near you.
- Wait for further information.
- You will be informed that you have passed the pre-assessment (steps 1-3) and you will be then instructed to submit necessary documents to the nearest Recruitment Office and these documents are:
- NSO/PSA Birth Certificate
- Transcript of Records
- Civil Service PDS
- Certificate of Eligibility/Board Rating
- Local Clearances:
- Two (2) 2×2 photos (white background color)
- Picture with name tag, 1 bust-size picture.
- One (1) whole body picture
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Issued by College/University)
- Two (2) Valid IDs
- Psychological/Psychiatric Examination (PPE)
- The tests included in this area are oral individual interview and evaluation, written psychological tests, and background findings. After completing and passing these, the applicant can now proceed to drug testing.
- Physical/Mental/Dental Examination (PMDE)
- This test is mandatory because all applicants are expected to be in good shape for the job they are willing to have. After completing and passing these, the applicant can now proceed to drug testing.
- Complete Background Investigation (CBI)
- This is the totality of background investigation which includes: employment, police, financial, military, family, friends, neighbors, etc.
- Physical Agility Test (PAT)
- This test is done to determine whether the applicant is physically eligible for police training. After completing and passing these, the applicant can now proceed to drug testing.
- Final Committee Interview (FCI)
- This test determines the applicant’s total ability to join the police service.
These are all the steps that needs to be completed in order to join the police service. In order to be considered for hiring, applicants are required to complete all steps.
Who are the people eligible to apply in this industry?
- A Filipino Citizen
- Must not be less than twenty-one (21) years old or older than thirty (30) years old
- A person of good moral character
- Must not weigh more or less than five kilograms (5 kgs) from the normal weight corresponding to one’s age, height, and sex.
- Must be at least one meter and sixty-two centimeters (1.62 cm) in height for male and one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57) for female.
- Must have passed all the tests (psychiatric/psychological, physical, and drug tests).
- Must possess at least one of the following eligibilities: PNP Entrance (NAPOLCOM), RA NO. 1080, PD No. 907, RA. No. 1080 (For Lateral Entrants) (Board and Bar Examinations).
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution.
- Must not have been convicted of final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed from the military employment for cause of any civilian position in the government.
These are the things you need to be aware of if you are planning to join the police service. If you know you got what it takes, then go and apply now and the first step is to download the form linked above.
Featured Image Credit to Philstar