The Civil Service Exam schedule for 2016 has already released last November 2015 and it is now accepting applicants. There are two scheduled batches that you can choose from, the first batch of exam will be on April 17, 2016 while the second batch is scheduled on October 23, 2016.
The filing of an application for the first batch of examinees already started last November 9, 2015 and will end on February 25, 2016. The application filing for the second batch is from May 9, 2016 to September 1, 2016.
|Date of Exam||Period of Filing Application|
|April 17, 2016||Nov 9, 2015 to Feb 25, 2016|
|October 23, 2016||May 9, 2016 to Sep 1, 2016|
Please note that the application is first come, first serve basis all exam centers has their quota for every batch of examinees if, they reach the quota they will not accept applicants for an exam even if it is within the period of application, so it is better to submit your application early.
Civil Service Exam Requirements
Everyone can apply to take Civil service exam, regardless of educational attainment as long the applicant meet the following requirements.
- Filipino citizen
- At least 18 years old on the date of filing of application of exam
- With good moral character
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government
- Must not have taken the same level of CS Exam in less than 3 months (3 months Prohibition Period on taking the same level of exam)
Civil Service Exam Documents Required
Prepare all these documents required before going to the Civil Service Commission (CSC) Regional or Field office near in your area to file an application with no hassle.
- Fully accomplished Application, you can get the application form from CSC or download it here.
- 4 copies of passport size photos with white background and the full name tag (First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.) with signature over printed name. It is better to tell the photographer that you will use the picture for Civil Service Exam because most of them know the specification.
- Original and photocopy of any valid ID (Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Philhealth ID, current Company/Office ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance)
- Examination fee of Php 500.00 for the Paper and Pencil Test (PPT), or Php 600.00 for Computer-Assisted Test (CAT)
- Copy of Appointment letter received by the applicant through email (for Computer Assisted Test)
After checking the requirement and preparing all the documents required, you can proceed to the nearest CSC office to file the application for examination. As mentioned before, it is first come, first serve basis, if the quota is reached they will not accept your application.
Read Also: List of exempted to take Civil Service Exam