BDO Unibank, Inc. Mobile Banking application is one of the recent additions on their upgrade, where account holders that are registered to BDO Online banking can easily do their banking transactions using their smartphone.
While this is very convenient and hassle free, there were many unfortunate things may happen that will compromise your account like losing mobile device, in case your mobile with BDO Mobile Banking App installed get lost or stolen, here are some safety features BDO provided.
Please visit https://online.bdo.com.ph to change your old password to a new one immediately. Logging in to your BDO Online Banking account, however, requires an OTP which would be sent to your registered mobile number.
If the lost device happens to be the Smartphone where your nominated mobile number is stored, it is recommended that you choose to answer your challenge question.
If you have also forgotten the answer to your challenge question, proceed to the “Update Link” button found on the Online Banking landing page and update your mobile number or your Challenge Question.
Proceed with login by providing the system-generated OTP or the answer to the newly nominated Challenge Question.
Once logged in, you will be required to perform the following additional steps:
- Go to “Enrollment Services”.
- Choose IMEI.
- Choose View / Delete IMEI.
- Choose the device that will be deleted.
- Click on the “Delete” button.
- Provide answer to the “Challenge Question”.
- Once answer has been validated by the Online Banking system, a reference number will be generated and an e-mail notification will be sent to your registered e-mail address. The screen will also display an acknowledgment page that confirms the action performed.
Similar to the stringent security standards currently in place for BDO Online Banking, the bank employs strict security requirements for its MB App as follows:
- The system has two-factor authentication (device registration and One Time Password).
- The MB app requires device registration.
- The MB App system is PCI-DSS* compliant.
- The MB App system is VeriSign Certified.
- Top 10 OWASP** list of most dangerous web application security flaws is addressed by the system.
- The system does not allow storage of sensitive account information on the phone such as account numbers, card numbers, password etc.
I hope this article helps to all BDO account holders.