Coins.ph is Southeast Asia’s leading financial services platform. It was founded in 2014 by Silicon Valley entrepreneurs Ron Hose and Runar Petursson in Metro Manila, Philippines. As a service running on blockchain-enabled technology, Coins.ph uses digital currency as a low cost opportunity to banking; to easily access financial services directly from their mobile phone.
Coins.ph provides person-to-person wallet transfers, bill payments, mobile top-ups, online shopping at over a hundred thousand merchants, air-time, and remittance services. Its cash delivery network covers tens of thousands of banks, pawnshops, payment outlets, and door-to-door delivery across the region.
Its mission is to increase financial inclusion by delivering financial services directly to people through their mobile phones. Moreover, this would provide easier and faster transactions.
Out of all the services it offers, most Filipinos would be happy of one thing it achieves. From entertainment to paying obligations, Coins.ph serves the citizen-to-government deals, too. People can use the service to pay their Social Security System (SSS) contribution.
Without further ado, let’s go straight to it;
How can I pay my SSS contribution using Coins.ph?
1. First and foremost, you need to register to Coins.ph[ref] to create an account. Before an individual can proceed with any type of transaction, one must first be part of the system and this is by registering. Use this referral code/link to get Php 50 in you account.
- Referral link –> Click here
- Referral Code –> hl4dsm
2. After that, members would see multiple services they can do in Coins.ph. A member who’s logged-in will see the following:
- My Wallet
- Cash In
- Cash Out
- Buy Load
- Pay Bills
3. The “Cash In” tab allows one to add funds to their wallet; this is the next step. You need to put some funds in your account that you will use for your transactions through Coins.ph. Moreover, this is the time when you need to think about how much you need to put in because of the remittances you need to send. You can use multiple sources to cash in so don’t worry about availability.
4. Once you’re sure that you have enough money in your account, the next step is to direct the payment to the Social Security System (SSS). Hit on the Pay Bills service; you will see a list of the accredited organizations and companies you can deal transactions with. Since this guide is about paying SSS Contributions, select SSS Contributions for the list; this will redirect you to a new page.
5. After hitting on the SSS Contributions, it will ask you for the following:
- SSS Account type (ex. Self-employed or OFW)
- Company Name
- SSS Number
- Member Name (preferred full name)
- Applicable Period (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Exact Amount you want to pay
NOTE: The process takes up to 3 business days. So, in order for you to avoid late payments (if other transactions), it would be better if you pay ahead of time. Moreover, we won’t know when the system will misbehave so, as the saying goes, the early bird catches the big worm.
Ensure that all information in those required fields are correct. Once done, you will see a Pay Bill button underneath it. Hit on it to finalize the transaction.
Don’t worry if your payments don’t reflect on your billing statement yet. Why? Because there are cases where pending payments will reflect on the next billing statement. At this point, you may want to contact your service provider to confirm your account concerns.
Using Coins.ph to pay your bills, you earn PHP 5.00 for every unique transaction. Users who pay at least five unique bills per week (Monday to Sunday), of at least 100 PHP per bill, will earn a 100 PHP rebate for every five unique bills paid, to be credited to their PHP wallet on Wednesday the following week.
So, how will you know if a bill is considered unique?
A bill will be known as unique if the billing account number has not been previously paid for using Coins.ph in the current calendar month. Meaning, if you use it to pay for multiple accounts, then you’re in for a treat. However, if you use it just for your own, then you will enjoy the benefits just once a month.
Coins.ph provides an online concierge service for bill payment. All product and company names are trademarks of their respective holder. No direct affiliation or endorsement with any provider is implied unless explicitly stated.
We’re done with the process of bills payment. However, you might be wondering how you can be sure that your payment got through. Would there be confirmation numbers? Payment references? Or do people need to contact the respective organizations?
How will you know if your bill has been successfully paid?
First thing we need to remember is their processing time. They process payments within 3 business days. After settling your bill, a confirmation email containing the details of the payment will be sent to the customer via email. Here’s what it looks like:
So to answer the question, that will serve as confirmation that your bill has been successfully paid. In addition, it will be on the post from the service provider’s end within 1-3 business days.
There also are instances of entering a wrong details or information. If that’s the case, then the transactions will turn unsuccessful; Coins.ph then will refund all the money deducted from your wallet.
Overall, I could say that Coins.ph offers a convenient way to pay your bills. Why? Because by just browsing over the net, you can do a lot of things like buying, transacting, etc. You can pay as many as fifty plus service providers without the hustle of lining up in every payment centers. Another advantage is that it doesn’t add fees to your payments. Unlike other services where they would get even a little bit of what you have.
Haven’t tried coins.ph yet? Well what are you waiting for! Go ahead and enter the new age of technology.
For those who are using smartphone you can download the Coins.ph here.
For Android users, go to this link —> Coins.PH Android app. This is the link to the android app Coins.PH. Having this app will open a lot of chances and opportunities to win win win!
For iOS users, go to this link —> Coins.PH iOS app. This, on the other hand is the link for Apple users for the Coins.PH app.
Want to get free 50 pesos once verified the account? Using those apps/programs, use this referral code upon registration, don’t forget to verify your account after registration to get Php 50.
REFERRAL CODE: hl4dsm
Disclaimer: Some of the links above with the mark [ref] is an affiliate link, this means when you register through that link, I receive a small commission without additional charge to you.