Spotify has become one of the world’s best music app for a year now and it keeps getting better and better. Having a wide variety of songs that stretches from the 50’s up to the latest sounds now, its clearly one of the places people go to in order to find good music. A lot of people fail to know that even you can create playlists in Spotify which you can share to the world. Yes – you heard that right, you can create playlists in just easy steps and here is how you can do them.
What are Spotify Playlists?
Just like what a normal playlist is, a Spotify playlist is a group of tracks you get to compile for your own leisure. It is just like a playlist that you do in your phones, tablets, PC’s, laptops, etc.; the two are pretty much the same. One different thing about it is that you have the option to share your playlist to the world.
How can I create a Spotify Playlist?
The ways between creating playlists slightly differ in Android and in iPhone but we will cover both points. So here is how you can create your playlist/s.
Creating playlists on Android
One thing to remember, you can’t create a playlist from scratch using the Android Mobile App.
- Make sure that the track you are listening to isn’t already in a playlist. Press and hold the track name to make the pop-up window appear.
- Select Add to Playlist.
- Select the Playlist in which you want to add the current track you are listening to.
You can also add an album to an existing playlist:
- Tap the album name that you want to add and it will reveal a pop-up window.
- Select Add to Playlist.
- Select the Playlist in which you want to add the album that you want in your playlist.
Creating playlists on iPhone
On an iPhone, you can create a playlist from scratch – from zero. And here is how you can do that:
- Make sure that the track you are listening to is not a part of an existing playlist. Tap the “I” symbol to bring up the more track information prompt and then select Add To.
- Click the “+” symbol at the top-right corner.
- The name of the playlist by default will be the track name of the first song that you will add but you can of course edit it. To edit it, just click on the playlist name and type in the playlist name that you desire.
- Hit on Create to finish up the process.
To add a track to an existing playlist:
- Tap the “I” symbol to make the more track information prompt appear.
- Select Add to.
- Select the playlist to which you want to add the track.
To add an album to a playlist:
- Tap the ellipsis (…) button from the album name you have searched.
- Click Save to Playlist then select the playlist to which you want the album added. Or if you want to create a new playlist out of this album, go to Step 3.
- Hit on the “+” symbol at the top-right corner.
- The default name of the playlist is the album name but you can of course edit that as well.
- Tap Create to finish the process.
So you now know how to create a playlist. Editing is simple, you can easily delete or add songs now you know how to create a playlist. One great thing is that you can share your playlist to people all over the world – and here is how.
How can I share my playlist?
There are different ways in order for you to share the playlist/s that you have made to the world and here are some of them:
- You can go ahead and go to ShareMyPlaylists.com to submit the playlist you want to share.
- Synchronize your Spotify account to social media (e.g Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to enable Spotify Social to start sharing music.
- Right-click a playlist and select the option “Copy HTTP Link” from the pop-up menu that prompts out which you can share through social media, email, websites, etc.
- Right-click the playlist you want to share and select the option “Publish” to send it to your profile page.
Spotify is a social network for music-lovers, music creators, and avid fan of different types of music. If you are one of them, do not hesitate to join the community. Are you aware of this? What are your thoughts about this? Let us know in the comments below.
Read Also: How to create playlist on YouTube