When looking for your dream job you need a free job alert that tap-in on the hidden job market where most of the job hunters don’t use to find jobs. You can use Google search to look for the job opening and the job that you want.
But, there’s an easy and convenient way to find job using Google alerts, using this free service it will automatically notify you through email when Google detects a content change on the search term that you set.
Google Alerts sends emails to the user when it finds new results that match to the user search terms, it’s like your virtual assistant that look for your desired job 24/7.
How to get free job alert using Google Alerts
Before you receive free job alerts from Google, you will need to setup your email account. And I will walk you through the setup process. Before we start you will need an email or a Google account, if you don’t have you can follow my instruction how to create email account.
- To begin the setup, sign in to your Google account and go to www.google.com/alerts
- Enter the job that you are looking in the search box (e.g. job open manager, job open programmer, job open driver)
- Now to customize the email alert that you will receive, click “Show options” link beside the “CREATE ALERT” button.
- It will reveal all the options that you can customize, you can select how often you want to receive alerts, the Sources, Language, Region, in the “Region” you can select a specific country where you want to work, if you want to work locally just select your country. In “How many” field just leave it on the default to give you all the best results and finally the email where you want to deliver the alerts. After all the options are set, click the “CREATE ALERT” button to create your alert.
- You can create as many search queries as you want, just duplicate the process above with other search terms.
After creating the alerts Google will start sending free job alert in your inbox with the job opening that you are looking.