SSS Loan Restructuring Eligibility and documentary Requirements


Good news for those who are in need; the Social Security System (SSS) inaugurated a new program which is called the Loan Restructuring Program (LRP), for the members who have past due calamity loans and other short-term member loans who either work or live in areas that are prone to disaster and tragedies; declared by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) or the national government.

Boobie Angela A. Ocay, SSS Assistant Vice President for Member Loans announced that members can settle their overdue loan principal and interest by installment or by full governed by a term depending on their capacity to pay. “The LRP is in response to the widespread clamor from individuals and organizations to alleviate the burden of calamity-stricken workers, who face difficulties in paying their SSS loans after suffering from natural and man-made disasters that have devastated our country in recent years” – Angela A. Ocay.

SSS Loan restructuring
Photo Credit: RAFFY LERMA,

How can people participate in this and who are eligible for this?

Who are eligible for this?

  1. All borrowers (members) with any of the following past due short-term loans:
    • Calamity Loan
    • Old Educational Loan
    • Emergency Loan
    • Investments Incentive Loan
    • Salary Loan
    • Salary Loan Early Renewal Program (SLERP)
    • Study Now, Pay Later Plan
    • Vocational Technical Course Loans
    • Y2K Loans
  2. For qualification, your SSS loan needs to be past due for at least six months as per the day of the first restructuring period.
  3. You need to be under 65 years old at the end of the installment term.
  4. If you have a past due short-term loan (except Calamity Loan and SLERP), member should have worked or lived in a calamity/danger stricken area according to NDCC or the National Government.

Aside from this, the LRP also covers calamity loan borrowers in the 1990s following the 1990 earthquake and the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo. And also, members with past due short-term loans in declared calamity areas after the hitting of typhoons and tropical storms, man-made conflicts:

  • Ondoy in 2009
  • Sendong in 2011
  • Pablo in 2012
  • Pedring, Quiel in 2012
  • Agaton in 2013
  • Labuyo in 2013
  • Maring in 2013
  • Santi in 2013
  • Glenda in 2014
  • Mario in 2014
  • Ruby in 2014
  • Seniang in 2014
  • Lando in 2014
  • Nona in 2014
  • Bohol-Cebu Earthquake in 2013
  • Zamboanga armed conflict in 2013

What are the requirements

  • 2 Valid IDs
    • PRIMARY ID one (1); either of the following with signature
      • Driver’s License
      • Passport
      • Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card
      • Seaman’s Book (Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book)
      • Social Security (SS) card
      • Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) card
    • SECONDARY ID two (2); either of the following with signature
      • Voter’s Identification card or Voter’s Affidavit/Certificate of Registration
      • Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN) card
      • Senior Citizen card
      • Seafarer’s Registration Certificate issued by Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)
      • School ID Card
      • Postal ID Card
      • Police Clearance or NBI Clearance
      • Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC or PhilHealth) ID card
      • Overseas Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) card
      • Marriage Contract or Marriage Certificate
      • ID card issued by professional association recognized by PRC
      • ID card issued by Local Government Units like Barangay, Municipality, City
      • Home Development Mutual Fund (Pag-IBIG) Member’s Data Form
      • Health or Medi Card
      • Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) card/Member’s Record/Certificate of Membership
      • Fishworker’s License issued by the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources or BFAR
      • Firearm License card issued by Philippine National Police
      • Company ID card
      • Certificate of Muslim Filipino Tribal Affiliation by National Commission on Muslim Filipinos
      • Certificate of Licensure / Qualification Documents from Maritime Industry Authority
      • Alien Certificate of Registration
  • If filed by Attorney-in-Fact of Member-Borrower, your legal representative must present:
    • Original copy of any two (2) of the Member-Borrower’s valid identification card/s or document/s, at least one (1) with photo and both with signature
    • Original copy of any two (2) of the Attorney-in-Fact’s valid identification card/s or document/s, at least one (1) with photo and both with signature

Read Also: How to avail SSS educational assistance

So now you will be aware if you are eligible in taking part in this program or not, and you now know the requirements that you need to submit to comply. Good luck in filing for your restructuring of loan.

Subscribe for updates!

Enter your email address to subscribe and be the first to notified when we publish new article.


How can I keep my Wi-fi connection stable

Vivaldi Browser: Better than Chrome and Firefox?


Leave a Comment