Because of the continuous improvement in our technology, tons of innovation are now being available to the public to fully maximize and make our everyday living easier and better. One such thing that we can talk about as regards to technological advances is Google Drive. Don’t know what Google Drive is?
Google Drive is a service created by Google and its main function is to store file with synchronization from different devices. Formerly known as Google Docs, it allows users to store files, share files, edit files, and send files with ease. Google Docs support over 20 different file formats which means that you do not have to download or install related application to make the program run accordingly. But given all these, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using Google Drive?
Read: How to get up to 42GB storage online
Before we go on with the pros and cons, be aware that Google Drive comes in two versions:
Free – gives you up to 15GB of data storage
Premium – gives you from 25GB to 16TB of online data storage; monthly payment
When it comes to advantages, Google Drive has an awful lot to offer; some of these are:
- There is no specific place where you can log on to scan through your Google Drive. You can do it simply anywhere in the world as long as you have internet connection. You can access your stored files by simply logging into your Google Drive Account.
- Users can create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and so on and they can edit it in the same time. This allows users to have real-time working experience on the files they are working on. Changes made are also automatically saved but of course, to be sure just save it as is.
- Sharing files was never as free as ever as users can share their files to a specified group of people as special editing permissions are given to them. They can share any size of the file without having the fear that the file/s might be too large or bulky.
- Searching through Google Drive is made easier because of high-technology. They can search for words within any document so that they’ll be able to search for documents even image files.
- Documents can easily be accessed by using other Google Apps and this is one reason why Google Drive is better than other cloud applications. You don’t need to go to Google Drive itself to accordingly open a file. As long as you’re in one of any Google Apps, you have the authority to open and view them.
These are just few of the advantages that Google Drive can give you. With a number of advantages, there are also a few disadvantages that come along with it:
- No internet no Google Drive. Since internet connection is required to access Google, the service itself is dependent on an internet connection so establishing internet connection before getting to any of Google Services is the first step.
- If any of your works match any keywords stored in your Google Drive, it can float in the search result because Google has the authority to index your data.
Google Drive is a dream come true to some because of the storage it gives and because of its advantages. Although there are disadvantages of the service, there are for sure a lot of advantages that can make you decide to utilize the service for your own needs. So say goodbye to the old school storages and say hello to brand new technology. What are your thoughts about this? Let us know in the comments section below.