How to Become a Member of Pag-IBIG Fund


Dreaming of having your own home but can’t afford it at the moment? Being a Pag-IBIG member can definitely be the answer for you. Whether you are a full-time employee, a freelancer, an OFW, or are currently unemployed, you can register as a member and give regular contributions to the Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF). This will mean you can take advantage of essential benefits in the future, such as getting a housing loan.

Read Also:

Here’s how you can be a Pag-IBIG fund member:

For regular employees

Ideally, your employer should have already registered in Pag-IBIG Fund and deducts a small percentage from your salary for your contributions. Under Republic Act 7742, employees earning a minimum of P4,000.00 per month and are members of the Social Security System (SSS) members are required to be Pag-IBIG members as well.

In case your employer isn’t as cooperative, you can do the following:

  1. Visit the nearby Pag-IBIG office in your area.
  2. Go to the branch Marketing and Enforcement Division.
  3. Ask for a copy of the Membership Registration/Remittance Form (MMRF).
  4. Fill-up two copies of the said form and submit it along with a Member’s Data Form (MDF).
  5. If you are working for a private employer, you will also be asked to submit an SSS Coverage and Compliance certificate for the current year. Otherwise, those working as government employees should instead submit their GSIS Certificate of Membership.

For self-paying employees

In case you prefer paying your contributions without your employer’s help, you will also need to submit:

  • Certificate of Employment and Compensation
  • Latest pay slip
  • Company ID

For self-employed individuals

Self-employed professionals, freelancers, small business owners, and others may also register by providing the following:

  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with Financial Statement certified by an accountant.
  • Certificate of Remittance/ESAV (for old members)
  • SEC or DTI Registration
  • Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit
  • Two 1×1 ID photos

For franchise owners

Franchisees, on the other hand, will be asked to submit:

  • Franchise Permit
  • Official Receipt or Car Registration
  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR)
  • Certificate of Remittance/ESAV
  • Two 1×1 ID photos

For Overseas Filipino Workers

Working abroad and want to secure your family’s future? You may register as a Pag-IBIG member too by submitting the following:

  • Latest Contract of Employment stamped by POEA
  • Passport or any valid ID
  • Certificate of Remittance/ESAV
  • Two 1×1 ID photos

In case you are already out of the country and your spouse, relative, or other representative will be working on your requirements and paying contributions on your behalf, you will also be asked for a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) attesting to that.

For self-employed professionals

Lawyers, doctors, and other licensed professionals working on their own may also join Pag-IBIG by submitting these documents:

  • PRC / BAR license
  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR)
  • Certificate of Remittance/ESAV (for old members)
  • Two 1×1 ID photos

For unemployed spouse

Even unemployed individuals can also register as long as they’re married to an employed, Pag-IBIG member spouse.

They will need to submit:

  • Letter of consent from the working spouse
  • Certificate of Employment and Compensation of the working spouse
  • Affidavit of Unemployment

On the other hand, unemployed spouses married to a member-spouse with business will be asked to provide the latest Income Tax Return (ITR).


Regardless of who you are and what you do, you can contribute to the Pag-IBIG Funds and experience all the benefits of being a registered member.

Subscribe for updates!

Enter your email address to subscribe and be the first to notified when we publish new article.


India, an Incredible Destination for Technology Professionals

3 Main Benefits of Pag-IBIG Fund Membership


1 thought on “How to Become a Member of Pag-IBIG Fund”

  1. Hello poh, wanna ask poh if how bout unemployed spouse but husband is not Ph Natl po?how i will calcualte my contribution? I didn’t reg since din po. Thanks


Leave a Comment