You can add your favorite website to your Smartphone or Tablet home screen alongside with your apps. Unlike using bookmarks which you need to open first the browser to see your bookmark page, using add to home screen you can easily tap it like any apps to open in the browser, this is very convenient especially if the website doesn’t have an app available.
If you still don’t know how to add a website to your home screen, I will show you how in this article. Please keep reading and select which operating system of your device.
Using Android Device
To add a website to your home screen using Android device, follow the step below.
- Open the website that you want to add to home screen using your browser (I will use Google Chrome for Android) in this example. On the right side of the address bar, you will see the three vertical dot, tap on it to reveal the menu.
- On the menu that pops out, tap on “Add to Home screen”.
- On the pop up add to home screen, enter the name of the website or just leave it as is, then tap “add”
You’ve now successfully added your favorite website on the home screen of your Android device where you can access it anytime easily.
Using iOS Device
Adding website to the home screen of iOS device is almost the same in Android, but if you have difficulty finding how to add, use the instruction below.
Note: I am using iPad mini running iOS 8.0.2 in this tutorial, it may look different if you are using a different version or device.
- Open the website that you want to add in the home screen in safari browser, tap on the share icon and select “Add to Home Screen”.
- Enter the name of the site that you want to appear on your home screen, then tap on “add” link.
- That’s it, if you want to visit the site, just tap the icon on your home screen and it will open in the browser, easy.
Now that you already know how to add website in your home screen, make sure to add this blog if it is helpful to you 😉 and share it to your friends.