Google enables their users to add the place they know in google maps, anybody who has a google account can add place, roads, railways, river, buildings, lakes, parks and more. A very smart move from google to let their user add their place which has more knowledge about what’s in their neighborhood.
In this post you will know how to add place in google map by following the simple steps given below.
Read Also: How to Embed Google Map
- First, go to www.google.com/mapmaker
- Sign In using your Google credentials.
- After you sign in, on the main page, click on “Add New”, from the drop-down menu select “Add a place”, see the screenshot.
- Next zoom in to locate the place you want to add, you can use your mouse wheel or the zoom in or out bar on the left part of the screen.
- After you found the place, you can put the red marker by clicking, a category window will pop up, select the correct category.
- Put the name of the place that you want to add, in this example I will add the 7-Eleven convenience store in Guinobatan, Albay, Click continue if you’re done. See the screenshot.
- Add the complete address, phone, website, description etc. if you like, then click “Save”
NOTE: Google needs to review the place that you add and it takes some time to appear the place on google map, especially if your first time to add a place.