Sometimes if we are designing our special projects or just writing simple letters we want to be unique, the first thing that we take into consideration is changing the font style. But the pre-installed font inside our computer is pretty basic almost everyone using, we want something different, to help you find and install fresh and unique fonts that may enhance your project.
I decided to make this tutorial how you can easily add new font style in your PC or Mac that you can use for free, please make sure to check the license of the font if you are using it for commercial.
You can download the free font style to some website around the net like fontspace, 1001freefonts and much more, you can also check my previous post best free fonts. To install new fonts on your Windows or Mac computer, follow the instructions below.
After you downloaded and select your free font, installing the font is easy as 1, 2, 3, I will use 1001freefonts.com for this instruction.
- Go to 1001freefonts.com lots of free fonts you can select and download there.
- Click “Windows Download” if you are using Windows or “Mac OS X” if you are using Mac, see the screenshot.
- After you click on the download button a zip file will download directly to your computer, normally you found it in your downloaded folder.
- Extract the zip file, Double click the zip file or you can right-click the zip file then extract, either of the two will do.
- After you extract just double click the font installer and click install on the popup window that will appear, that’s it.
- Double click the zip file that you downloaded, the new folder will be created in the same folder.
- Go to the extracted font installer, double click and click install, you’re done.
After you install your fonts, you can now use it in all programs or app on your computer, enjoy.
Remember that some fonts are free for personal use only if you are using, the fonts commercially make sure that the font style has a free license both personal and commercial use.