Here in our country, almost everything needs a permit in order to prove legitimacy and ownership of something. Business permits, Examination permits, even buildings. Yes, buildings need a certain type of permit in order to successfully continue on the construction of a certain establishment. Getting this is making you compliant of the National Building Code which was set years back. In this article, you will be made aware of the requirements, procedure, and the result of everything that revolves around getting a building permit.
Just a gentle advise, failure to have a building permit can cause construction of your house, or any establishment to be halted directly of your municipality/government. So if you are planning of construction, make yourself a favor and secure a building permit immediately.
The things you will need when applying for the permit that would legitimize your establishment are:
- Duly accomplished application forms signed and sealed by engineers:
- Building Permit Forms (5 copies)
- Sanitary Permit Forms (3 copies)
- Electrical Permit Forms (3 copies)
- If the applicant is the rightful owner of the lot:
- Tax Declaration
- Certified True Copy of OCT/TCT, on file with the Registry of Deeds (5 copies) and;
- Current Real Property Tax Receipt (5 copies)
- If in case the applicant is not the owner of the lot:
- In addition to the ones listed above in number two (2), Duly Notarized copy of the Contract Lease, Contract of Sale, Affidavit of Consent of the Lot Owner for the construction of building/house, or Deed of Absolute Sale. (5 copies of any of the documents listed)
- Five (5) complete sets of Detailed Plans
- For construction of two-storey buildings:
- Structural Design Analysis which is signed by Civil Engineer at every page
- For construction of more than two-storey buildings:
- Boring and Plate Load Test
- Seismic Analysis
- Permit Billboard (0.60 X 0.90 Plywood with the following contents):
- Bill of Materials and Specification (5 copies) – signed and sealed by an engineer or an architect at every page
- Locational Clearance
- Photocopy of PTR # and PRC license of all concerned engineers and architects
- Clearance from the DPWH if the construction is located along National Highway
- DOLE Clearance
This clearance or permit will be obtained from your municipal’s office so this is just where you have to think of.
- Get a requirements checklist from your municipal’s office. Do not be alarmed if you have no idea of the things listed because your architect and engineers know about them. You need to get forms and documents from your municipal’s office so that your engineers and architects can fill them out.
- After your construction specialists sign and fill the forms out, submit the forms to the Office of the Building Official. From there, they are going to instruct you where you have to go next but to tell you, they would be instructing you to go to the Assessor’s Office where you will be issued an Acknowledgement Slip which dictates the date of the status of your application.
- Once your application is approved, you will be issued an Order of Payment to pay all the necessary permit fees you have to settle.
- Present the Order of Paymentat the Treasurer’s Office and pay the fees. Fees range from P6,000 and above depending on the your construction size, municipality location and the assessment plan; fees in the provinces are usually cheaper than in the cities.
- Present a photocopy of the Official Receipt (OR) or if you want, bring the OR itself to the Office of the Building Official releasing section.
- After 5 business days, go back to the releasing section of the Office of the Building Official and claim your building permit.
Read Also: How to process Business Permit
It may be a tiring task, it can roll you head all over but this permit is somewhat relevant if you are planning to put up and establishment or even a house. Without it, you cannot prove legitimacy of what you have built so better secure a copy now or have hassle meddle with you.