An awful lot of questions have been thrown out regarding the renewal of NBI Clearance and even me, at first am not aware of this. After thorough inquiries and research, I finally found out about the renewal of NBI Clearance. In this article, our main goal is to help you achieve renewal of your NBI Clearance so you can avoid the hassle of getting a new one again.
First and foremost, all of us need to understand that there are certain criteria on the people who can be under of this renewal and those people are:
- Members who have applied for the NBI Clearance from years 2014 – 2016
- Those who still have their NBI Clearances from 2014 – 2016 even if it is just a photocopy (for the NBI ID No.).
- Users who are still aware of their log-in credentials for the NBI Website (email address and password).
If you are very much certain that you fall under these then you have the chance to renew your NBI Clearance. If NOT, then you should go ahead and apply for a new NBI Clearance.
Requirements for NBI Clearance renewal
Even if it is just a renewal, you will also need to prepare some requirements in order for you to be successful. The requirements that you will need to take note of are:
- NBI ID No. Probably the most important requirement in renewing your clearance. This is the reason why even if you only hold a photocopy of the actual document, you can still proceed with the renewal application. Be reminded that only from years 2014 – 2016 are the ones to be granted renewal.
- Email address and Password to the NBI website or your log-in credentials.
- Reference number for the payment which will be provided after renewal process that will appear after you have successfully finished the renewal process online.
So what are the steps in renewing your NBI Clearance? It is actually a direct-to-the-point process so it is kind of a straightforward thing.
You will need to go to the NBI website which is www.nbi-clearance.com. You need to click the sign up button in order for you to be asked to choose the application type which in this case is RENEW. You will then be asked to type in your NBI ID No.
After this, you will be redirected to populate few account details, information, and even your password. If you wish to use the old one, no need to edit things out.
You will be prompted to the Terms of Service page in which case you need to hit on the Agree button. After this, you will be redirected back to the homepage and in this situation, you don’t have to click on the sign up button anymore and instead, you need to sign-in with your account details.
After logging in, you will be brought to the display of your information (you have done this when you first applied for the NBI Clearance). You do not have to edit anything here because you had the chance to edit information but if you do wish to edit, feel free to do it. You will be prompted to the sign that states what ID you used to validate your identity. Bring this to avoid problems and confrontations.
Important reminders will be displayed in both English and Tagalog and be sure that you read it. You have done this next step as well wherein you got the chance to choose when and where to get your NBI Clearance.
For the payment, you can choose whether you like to pay it through:
- Bayad Centers
- Banks (Over the counter)
- BDO, Metrobank, BPI, Landbank, RCBC, Chinabank, Eastwest Bank, Union Bank, Security Bank, PNB, DBP
- Banks (Online)
- Pay online using your online Banking app such as:
BDO Internet Banking, BPI Express Online, Chinabank Online, Metrobank Direct, RCBC Access one, Unionbank EON/Internet Banking & UCPB Connect.
- Pay online using your online Banking app such as:
- Cashier at the NBI Clearance branch where you plan on setting up the appointment.
Take note that paying over banks and bayad centers will incur a service fee. Having it paid directly to the NBI cashier won’t.
After paying, you need the information in your receipt to confirm its status in the NBI website. You will need to log-in to the NBI website once again using your credentials. Once logged-in, go to Transactions and then press Confirm Payment. It will open a new window where it will ask you to fill-out the information on your deposit. You will be asked to fill out:
- Branch Code
- Date and Time
- Amount that you deposited
After this, press Confirm.
Step 8: Once confirmed, you can now then print your NBI Clearance Online Application Form with your reference code. Or if you cannot print it, make sure to take note of the reference code for it to be proof that you have validated and that you went on smoothly with the process.
Things to remember on the appointment date:
- Bring at least two (2) Valid IDs especially the one you input on the system as your main Identification document.
- At the place of the appointment, ask the personnel that you are there for Renewal of NBI Clearance not a new applicant. Renewing has a different process.
- Make sure to take note of the reference number that can be found once your payment has been validated.
Renewing your NBI won’t take you that long compared to the application process. You just need to ensure that you have fulfilled the requests and that you have accomplished the payment. Be reminded of the certain criteria on who are eligible for the renewal of the NBI Clearance to avoid confusion and most especially, wrong thoughts.
Read Also: How to Apply For NBI Clearance Online