Google, the most use website today where you can find almost anything just by typing in their powerful Search bar, although almost everyday you guys visit Google searching the answers for your questions. Did you know that almost everyday they add some cool feature that we don’t know it’s there?
While I’m searching, I stumble upon on some cool features that I know you will also like, go ahead and try some of these Google tips and tricks.
- Dictionary – You don’t need to go to Wikipedia or Thesaurus website to get the meaning of your word you want to define, just type “your word” meaning or type what is “your word” into the Google search bar.
- Things to do in “place” – Just insert your favorite City or place you’re in now and you will see what are the famous tourist destination you may want to consider to go specially this holiday season.
- Checking Weather or Time in a particular City by typing Weather in “City” or Time in “City”.
- Type “The name of your favorite Hollywood actor/actress + movies or movie list” – you will see his/her filmography instantly.
- Flight Schedule – You can also check your flight schedule by just entering your Airline flight number like on the screenshot below.
- Conversion Tools – Easily convert unit using Google search, by simply typing the amount of a particular unit into a desired unit output.
- Translator – You may not need a translator if you know Google search can easily translate almost anything, by simply typing “translator” on the search bar, the translator platform will show up and you can easily put a word, paragraph or the whole document and select what language you want to be the output.
- Food Comparison – Easily compare nutrition benefits of two (fruits, dessert, drinks, etc) by simply adding “VS” between the two items in the Google search bar.
- Enter the holiday name and will give you the Day
- Currency Converter – Wanna know the exact value of the currency you have? Just type the “amount + currency to another currency”.
- Set Timer – You can also use Google search as a timer, simply type “set timer for” + the amount of time and it will automatically set the alarm when the time finished.
- Tip Calculator – You don’t have to worry how much tip you will give everytime you visit your favorite restaurant, Google added a tip calculator in google search, simply type “Tip calculator“ in the search bar and fill the required fields.
- Sunrise and Sunset – Know the exact sunrise and sunset of a particular place by searching “sunrise or sunset” before the place.
- Search for specific File type – looking for a document or topic in a specific file format? you can get it in Google search, just type the topic + filetype: (pdf, ppt, doc. etc)
- Calculator – of course you can use Google search as calculator standard or scientific, just type calculator in the search bar and the calculator is ready.
These are only some tricks you can do with Google search, there are plenty of these on Google you only need to figure out how. Google is always adding and making searching more easily and friendly.
If you have some Google search tips and tricks that you want to be added to this list, please mention it in the comment section below. Don’t forget to share 🙂