Using windows capturing, screen shot is easy as one touch of a button, which Mac didn’t offer on the keyboard, but there are so many ways to capture your screen in your Mac. I will show you some ways to capture your screen in the easiest way possible.
First, I will show the equivalent of Print Screen Key on Mac keyboard, the equivalent keys of that are (Control + Command + Shift + 3)
If you press (Command + Shift + 3) only, the screenshot will automatically save into your desktop. Now the equivalent of Snipping Tool on Mac is pressed (Command + Shift + 4), when you press these keys you cursor will turn into crosshair where you can select the part of the screen that you want to copy. After you release the keys it will automatically save on your desktop, if you want to save into your clipboard you must press (Control + Command + Shift + 4).
To summarise see the comparison of screen capture shortcut on windows and Mac.
- Control + Command + Shift + 3 = Print Screen
- Command + Shift + 4 = Snipping Tool
- Command + Shift + 3 = Full screenshot automatic save to desktop
- Control + Command + Shift + 4 = Select parts of the screen to capture, when release capture screen will save to clipboard, where you can paste anywhere you want.
More on EfrenNolasco.com
- How to turn off backlit or backlight of MacBook Pro keyboard
- How to know if your Intel-based Mac has 32-bit or 64-bit Processor
- Easy way to capture screenshot on Mac