Every year, the Civil Service Commission lets next generation professionals partake in their annual examination which is held in different testing centers and in different dates. Last October, the official website of the CSC released the schedule for the filing of application and the examination dates itself. In this article, we are going to enlighten you on everything you need to know about the Civil Service Exam (CSE).
Date of Examination
The announced date for the CSE are as follows:
- March 12, 2017 – Application period for this schedule: November 14, 2016 – January 13, 2017
- August 6, 2017 – Application period for this schedule: April 3, 2017 – June 2, 2017
Just like any other examination/assessment, there are certain qualifications that separate those who are eligible to take this exam from those who are not. All who plan to apply must strictly meet the following:
- At least 18 years old on the date of filing of the application
- A Filipino citizen
- An individual who possesses good moral character
- Has not taken the same level of Career Service Examination regardless of mode within the last three (3) months before the date of the examination
- Has not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government; and
- Has not been convicted of final judgment of an offense or crime which involves: moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness, or addiction to drugs.
- Duly accomplished application form (CS Form No. 100, Revised September, 2016) with the Signature for Applicant and Right Thumb mark blank for these shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor
- Original and photocopy of any of the following cards:
- Driver’s License;
- PRC License;
- SSS I.D;
- GSIS I.D. (UMID);
- Voter’s I.D
- BIR I.D. (ATM type/TIN card type with picture);
- Philhealth I.D. (must, at the least, contain the holder’s name, clear picture, signature and Philhealth number);
- Current Company/Office I.D.
- Current School I.D. (validated for the current school year/semester/trimester);
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate;
- Postal I.D.;
- Barangay I.D.; or
- NBI Clearance
NOTE: All other IDs not listed above SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Four (4) pieces of identical I.D pictures of passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8” x 1.4”)
- Colored with white background and was taken not more than three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Standard close-up shot with the face occupying almost 80% of the photo with a name tag approximately 1” or 54 cm below the chin
- Neutral face expression with both eyes open
- Name tag should be handwritten with signature on top
- For applicants without date in their I.D. card/s, original and photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA, formerly National Statistics Office), or the Local Civil Registry (LCR) printed on Security Paper (SecPa)
- For applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225, original and photocopy of Certification or Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration
For you to know where the testing centers are in each date, please refer to the official website of the CSC for the official testing centers nationwide. Do not forget also that there is an application fee of P500.00.
Want to get a hold of the requirements? You can have the consolidated files in PDF Format here.
Eager enough to take the CSE this year? Go on and follow the CSC website for news and more detailed updates.