If you have been following us this whole time, then you probably have read the article about the CSE or the Civil Service Exam and the fact that there are people who are exempted in taking it. We listed the groups of people who are exempted from taking the CSE so that they will be aware that they are not obliged to take the test anymore. In this article, we will be tackling deeper into that topic and the as well as the requirements of the Honor Graduates who are one of the exempted people from taking the CSE.
This corresponds to the Presidential Decree (P.D. No. 907, dated March 11, 1976 which is entitled “Granting Civil Service Eligibility to College Honor Graduates.” And if you would ask; who are granted eligibility as regards to this Presidential Decree? Those who fall into these categories are already exempted from taking the Civil Service Commission Exam:
- Those who graduated from school year 1927 – 1973 and thereafter;
- Those who graduated Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, or Cum Laude in their baccalaureate degree regardless of the number of years of completion; and
- Those who graduated in either Private Higher Education Institution in the Philippines with baccalaureate or bachelor’s degree recognized by CHED or;
- State or Local College or University with baccalaureate or bachelor’s degree included in its charter or baccalaureate or bachelor’s degree duly approved by its Board of Trustees.
Given these, one already has the authority not to take the CSE anymore and to go straight to application. Just like any other application, there are requirements that should be met before going on and moving forward with what the CSE has to offer. These are the requirements for those who are exempted by the Honor Graduates Eligibility in the CSE.
- Original photocopy of ToR (Transcript of Records)
- Duly signed certification from the university or college’s registrar saying that the applicant is Magna Cum Laue, Summa Cum Laude, or Cum Laude (with the official college/university seal [This is separate from the ToR or the diploma])
- List of Honor Graduates submitted by the university/college’s Registrar to the CSC
- Duly accomplished application form (CS Form 101-D)
- Three (3) pieces of I.D pictures taken within the last three (3) months.
- Passport size (4.5cm x 3.5cm)
- White background with collar; taken from shoulder level up with bare face; showing left and right ears;
- With full name tag
- Original and photocopy of any of the following valid Identification Cards
Take note that other IDs not included above will not be accepted. All that are listed above are the only ones to be considered and accepted in filing of the application for the CSC.
- Original and photocopy of PSA/NSO-Certified Birth Certificate
- Original and photocopy of PSA/NSO-Certified Marriage Certificate (for female married applicants ONLY)
- Proof that applicant is of no pending administrative or criminal case before any court and that the applicant has never been found guilty of any administrative crime. (CSC SPEL Form 1)
- If filing through a representative:
- Authorization letter written and signed by the applicant and;
- Original and photocopy of at least one (1) Valid ID card of the representative
Where do I file my application?
As per the filing of application and the submission of requirements, you can go to any of the Field Offices if you plan to submit it concretely. However, you can use mail to the CSC Regional Office through either registered mail or through courier. Be informed that having it by mail can cause delays.
The fees are not a big pain in the neck; the first fee is the evaluation fee which costs Php200.00 and it is to be paid upon filing of application. The second and the last fee is the processing fee which costs Php300.00 and it is to be paid only upon approval of the application.
Should you have any questions, you can contact CSC Trunklines at: 931-8092/931-7939/931-7935 or you can go to their main office at: Constitution Hills, Batasang Pambansa Complex Diliman 1126 Quezon City, Philippines. You can also mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now that you know the requirements of honor graduates and the procedure, what are you waiting for? If you read this and if you know that you are part of this exemption go and apply now.
Read Also: Civil Service Exam Guide